• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Did I miss something?

I had heard rumors a few weeks ago of high 5's to 6 bucks a gallon.. Then this past weekend, my local gas station was 4.99/5.09 then overnight it was 6.09/6.19 then this morning it was 6.15/6.25!  :wtf:

Seriously, what happened?

Its a sad state that my no cat, no O2 sensor 1500 at first glance is the better option to drive than my Cummins..

Now I really need to get my bike battery charged or swapped.. 50 mpg on 3 gallons is better than anything else I have right now.. 

• Staff

This is what the Dems want so there is less greenhouse gases. It was written a long time ago in college text books that higher prices for fuel and everything else that's dependant on fuel is a solution to the pollution. The problem is it works for awhile perhaps but, eventually the higher dollar amount for everything means exhausting resources even further to maintain a standard of living, causing greater waste and pollution in the long run.

I think another part of this is to make EVs a more viable expense. Only the grid cannot support that many of them.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Those are the prices we've been paying since March.  At least your gas prices are a dollar a gallon less than here.

By the way Sams Food Store at 55 MAIN ST, Centerbrook, CT has diesel for $5.989/gal; better get it while it's cheap

Let's go Brandon

Oh the gulf station.. yeah no, there have been multiple people who got diesel from there had water in fuel issues after 1 fill up from there.. We avoid fuelling at that place like the black plague.. 

3 of the 5 stations in town are owned by the middle eastern persuasion, the shell and cumby's in town are not and are a bit nicer as well.. 

The ice cream shop attached to the gulf is excellent though..

• Staff
1 hour ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

there have been multiple people who got diesel from there had water in fuel issues after 1 fill up from there..

May be they just want to water their fuel down so the profit margin is greater and/or they don't want to spend the money on a better tank. system.

• Staff
2 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

I think its age too    I dont think the pump has digital numbers

Wow, the last place I saw one of those was in Ekalaka, MT about 4 years ago.  May be their tanks are leaking.  Need to report that. 

3 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

if there was a government mandate to make toilet paper rolls more narrow than they used to be?!!

Haven't heard about that but Costco's Kirkland brand t-p use to be 425 sheets to a roll and are now 380 sheets, about an 11% reduction, and a cost of 32% more. 

Ice cream use to come in half gallon, 64 ounce, containers then a few years back Then they reduced the size to 56 ounces, 12.5%.  Now the container is labeled 1.5 qt.  That's 25% less but the price is the same. 

The house paint I buy (BEHR) use to be $11-12/ gal, now it's $19-21/ gal and have you noticed that the paint companies have redefined how many ounces there are in a gallon.  They reduced the size from 128 ounces to 124 ounces, about 1%, and still call it a gallon.  With that type of thinking automobile manufactures could reduce the length of a mile from 5280'.  With a shorter mile they can claim greater fuel milage.  

3 hours ago, IBMobile said:

They reduced the size from 128 ounces to 124 ounces, about 1%, and still call it a gallon.

I would think that's so there's still room to add the pigment for custom colors.

In high school I worked in the Sears paint department and mixed a LOT of paint. The cans we used to mix darker colors had less in them than the cans used for light colors. And premixed colors (white, Almond, etc) were full - no room for tint.

• Staff
13 minutes ago, LorenS said:

I would think that's so there's still room to add the pigment for custom colors.

That makes sense but I never saw that until a few, maybe 10, years ago.  So, sell a little larger bucket that will hold 128 oz of paint plus the tint.

You guys really are lucky, Diesel here is £1.80 per litre thats £8.20 ish a UK gallon I always fill my truck at 1/2 a tank, over £100 every time, my guess to fill from MT would be over £250

This dumb country has relied on Russian energy with no investment in our own North Sea oil fields, fracking was stopped by the eco loons

On top of Putin and Russian fuel (which we are not using really) we have stupid protesters calling themselves "Just stop oil" with the Extinction Rebellion idiots are blockading fuel depots and terminals, gluing themselves to fuel delivery trucks etc so we have also had shortages, it is a little better right now but still not good, a few weeks ago I travelled 20 odd miles to find a fuel station that had diesel and paid nearly £1.90 a litre.

My electricity supplier put my direct debit up from £80 a month to £220 a month to cover the recent price increase of electricity, I called and got them to put it back down to £120 as my business uses a lot of electricity (lathe, mig welder etc) so I top up my balance from my business account every so often, this way I pay for what my business uses before tax and not after tax.

We don't have gas, our heating is biomass pellets with a 70kw boiler furnace, 975KG of pellets have now gone up from £265 to £388 (cheapest) to nearly £450 (most expensive) just this year

Food prices are going up and fast, every single day something increases.

There was a news story 2 days ago about a retired lady in London who could not afford to heat her home so rode busses all day because they are heated, now that is bad, all the while illegal migrants are crossing the channel from France and given somewhere to stay, our Government block book hotels for these scroungers, recently our government drew up a plan to ship them to Rwanda for processing, any found to be legal migrants then get to come here, any illegals stay where they are in Rwanda, this is more to deter them from coming from France than anything else but of course all the leftist lawyers  do gooders and charities are going to court to stop this while we the dumbass people of this country are squeezed even more.  These migrants are not from Ukraine they are mostly men coming from Africa and EU law states they seek asylum in the first country they get to..... which is NOT the UK

The inmates really are running the asylum here

And don't even get me started on EV rubbish, I bought my wife a hybrid Volvo...... cheaper now to run it on petrol   :ahhh:

• Sad 1

• Staff

Amazing how your problems parallel ours here in the states but most of our protesters are antifa. Funny thing tho all this protesting and busting up store fronts over here and no one I talk to seems to know what the he11 they want.

Your situation doesn't seem like just an inflation problem, man, those are some dang heavy price increases. Here in Oregon with the abundance of forest land we find it okay to heat with a wood stove. It's messy tho.

Our world is changing in such strange ways all around us. My biggest problem is the lack of regard or lack of civility among people here in the U.S.

Edited by JAG1

16 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Your situation doesn't seem like just an inflation problem, man, those are some dang heavy price increases. Here in Oregon with the abundance of forest land we find it okay to heat with a wood stove. It's messy tho.

Mostly linked to Ukraine, crude oil is high but prices have come down a little but hey no reduction at the pumps, out Gov recently cut vat on fuel by 5%, made not one difference at the pumps, greedy retailers pocketing money, BP has just announced £5billion profit first 1/4 of 2022

We haven't got huge amounts of forest area... and most of our heating pellets are imported from either Russia (no more) or the USA, this is a good source of heat as long as the forests are managed and pellets are made from waste, this country needs to shape up and plant more trees.

What surprises me is the amount of wooden pallets here that end up in landfill, I was only yesterday looking at a pellet mill that would make pellets out of pallets, me thinks there wouldn't be enough sap left to bind the wood fibres together but I could be wrong. I made a mistake when I got this Herz pellet boiler as I removed a pellet/grass seed/grain/animal feed log boiler, this had an auger that transported anything that would move down the auger into the furnace but you could also fill it with wood/logs/waste/cardboard and it would tick away, should have piped both in.

There is a lot of people here relying on food banks to eat right now, Putin needs gone

• Staff

Funny how I don't know Putin at all but, every time I watched him on the news there was always a strong feeling of distrust, as if something bad lurking inside very man.

Edited by JAG1

Yes Putin is ex KGB and yes he wants the Soviet Union back, there was a documentary on our TV just recently about him..... slimey horrible little man

Some news reports here also say he is ill but one day it's cancer next it's something else so not sure what to believe or think

He has ordered at least 4 people poisoned here in the UK on our soil all within the last 10 years, a father and daughter were poisoned in Salisbury, and a Guy called Litvenyenko or something like that, his widow was on our tv last night 

Your immigrant issues are alot like ours. It's redicilous.

I really really don't get the whole tie in with Putin/Russia in regards to our prices at the pump. News says we were only importing 3% of our oil usage from Russia. Well that in no way shape or form explains an almost doubling of price at the pump.

Free enterprise is fine, except when it gets outta control due to a monopoly, and oil companies are a monopoly. They stem from the beginning of oil usage. If it's not a monopoly, why wouldn't Musk, Bezos, Gates or Buffett start an oil company? The profits are unreal, so the startup costs would be recouped quickly. Instead, they invest in oil and let others take the heat while they take the stock profits. It's becoming more of a some have all and most have none world, just like the middle ages......