• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New water pump for the RV?

• Staff

About every half hour my water pump runs for two seconds and I know there are no plumbing leaks in the RV. The water pump is from 2003 and has been let run dry with the switch on accidently  for two whole days. Yes, it still works but, is it possible it's letting water back flow to the freshwater side? Anyone ever see this problem?

• Staff

Yes, I have.  The pressure in the freshwater system is bleeding off. There is a check vale in the pump head that may be leaking pressure back to the potable water tank.  The other place pressure can bleed off is at the check valve in the "city water connection".  Also check that the sink valve, toilet valve, and water heater are not leaking.   

I put a check valve between the pump and potable water tank.  If you do don't use the cheap plastic one; they don't last.  Get a brass one.  I sed a Camco 23303 1/2" Back-Flow Preventer - Lead Free, on Amazon, and some hose fittings with clamps.  Check these out at etrailer.com.https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_Fresh_Water-sf-Valves-pt-Check_Valve.aspx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

Guessing a new water pump is next on the list. Thank you much.

Went out yesterday to pay a little attention to the 01 work truck since it gets used more. Turns out I already did the oil and filter change and cooling system flush recently :thumb1:! Took me awhile to remember what went on before vacation after watching purple hair, for a week, floatin around camp.

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1