• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok, I have a couple questions guys`

First question isIs there and ground wire going to the sending unit in the tank for the fuel guage or any reason my gauge would read steady, but incorrectly? Before I had my box off and had my truck painted it seemed like if I was abuot 1/2 tank i could fill it for about $90 +- and now it seems like it takes more as if the guage isn't reading right. Today i put $92 in it at a little less then 3/4 of a tank showing on the gauge. The gauge never jumps around is if anything is wrong :shrug:Second question isAfter I put new intercooler boots on I fianlly noticed being able to hear my turbo spool up. Last week it seemed to get a little louder sounding then usual, had it for a 150 mile trip today towing a flatdeck 16' trailer and it was hard to hear it spool and I been noticing the truck is lazy acting.. Some of the hills I was on today i could hold my own but that was about it, couldn't do much for gaining speed. I looked at my boots and checked the air box for a blockage but everything looks good. I haven't got a boost gauge yet, been draggin my feet on whether to go with a programmer or just get the gauges, so i can't tell you what i'm making for boost, all I know is it's hard to hear the spooling now. :(

First question=The sending unit is going.Mine said 1/4 tank and i ran out.You dont have to get the hole thing.They sell just what you need.Thats my guess.Second= sounds like a boost leak.Did you remove the elbo off the turbo when you replaced the boots?

i'm with dually on the the turbo elbow make sure its sealed and o-ring is good. the sending is going out but you have to buy the whole canister,as far as my research has found.Mine quit working,the float fell off the arm,sending unit was ok,(bought a new autometer generic unit for the float) but when i re-installed i think i didnt get the canister positioned right so the gauge sticks.

i'm with dually on the the turbo elbow make sure its sealed and o-ring is good. the sending is going out but you have to buy the whole canister,as far as my research has found.Mine quit working,the float fell off the arm,sending unit was ok,(bought a new autometer generic unit for the float) but when i re-installed i think i didnt get the canister positioned right so the gauge sticks.

The dealer sold me just the float/arm and the wires.

• Owner

I wishI kept the part number for the float and arm it like $70 bucks just for the float assembly and it a dealer only item... But its easy to install about an hour dropping the tank and install... Boost gauge would tell you a bunch of things... The only two box worth anything is Edge Juice and Quadzilla Adrenaline... I tend to side with Edge more so than Quadzilla...

Same here, i dont have part #.

--- Update to the previous post...

Hey ,it dont hurt to walk in the dealer and say "hey bud is that the best you can do on that part?" or "can you help me out a little i am kinda pinched for cash"

Say it in a nice way.It works for me,everything has a markup.