• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dodge hub removal tool

• Staff

My 01 had no anti-seize, took me 3/4's of a day for each side. Air hammer wouldn't budge and ruined the star bolt heads when tried. So I cut slots with a grinder about an 1/8th away into the bearing hub and drove a chisel in there from opposite sides and it began to open. Once you see it move you know you got it. The slot cut helps hold the chisel so you can get a good swing at it. I actually kinda enjoyed the challenge and gave myself a gold star afterward.

I thank Mopar Man for helping with many projects while on the phone with him. I send him money to make up for his time with me... has saved me a lot :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

Wow, yikes. After grabbing tools, the second side took about 40 minutes.. leisurely.

nickel anti seize was on the 4, 12 point bolts. The splines, and the hub to housing. Removal was easy with no downsides over its lifespan. Highly recommend. The axle nut gave me a bit of trouble though, 1-11/16 torqued tight, used a 3/4 4’ breaker bar. 

After reinstall, the ball joints are still giving me slight play, the dana spicers lasted 8 years. Any other brands recommended? Saw some Yukons looked ok.

Pics of some of the 3rd gen brakes and shield. Shield, dorman p/n 924-228. Powerstop brake 2003 kit, unless heavy downhill towing, I dont think the slotted and drilled rotors give much performance.

6C1A0D3A-8CE6-47A6-AB08-75E77733091E.jpeg

555300B7-F677-47A9-A8AB-113D9DAF6289.jpeg

@Mopar1973Man Happy friday! Good to know Delcos are a stand up oem alternative!

For sure that is a downside for drilled and slots. Also, cannot machine true if warped! I think these arn’t overly aggressive, and the slots can be beneficial as ‘wipers’ on the pads. The power stop kit was fairly good bang for buck and powder coated.

In terms of cracks.. Ive seen a set of rotors and pads gone in a weekend of scca. Street tires can be gone in day. Mostly found wear dependent on user and condition. Even with complete ‘spider cracks’ most rotors weren’t replaced till 50%+ of pad width.

Not saying I recommend it though, especially towing with a rig. :shrug:

• Owner

:rolleyes: What do you expect from me?:think:

I built everything on Beast for longevity. This is why ball joint issues are not present. Brakes last long time because with the exhaust brake i rarely use my brake pedal. 445k miles and still rolling. Even today in Everett, WA. Heck I just did the trip to Cally with @IBMobile and @JAG1