• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New places to camp

IBMobile

• Staff
2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

@JAG1, just off the phone with Glenn and told him about the campgrounds you found northern CA.  He says he might be interested in them and want more info.  If anyone else knows of good campgrounds north of Reno or Susanville, please chime in.

The places I have stayed are a bit out of the way, like 5 bucks a night with a senior pass. They are never crowded but, we need to find one with a good lake for boating and fishing. Might me worth looking west of Shasta and weed around Cecilville, Trinity Alps Mountains that area.

There is also a campground on a lake with good fishing in the south Warner Mountains. It is the southern most campground in the Warners. A bit out of the way, you come in from the west side of the Warners and is north of Susanville.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

There is Goose Lake (outside of McCall) you camp alone the lake edge.

There is Upper Payette Lake (outside of McCall) you can camp for a small fee.

Hazard Lake is a bit more advanced for travel. About 25 miles back on dirt road is Hazard Lake (outside of McCall). The road is rough and dusty also you climb in elevation.

• Staff
10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

There is Goose Lake (outside of McCall) you camp alone the lake edge.

There is Upper Payette Lake (outside of McCall) you can camp for a small fee.

Hazard Lake is a bit more advanced for travel. About 25 miles back on dirt road is Hazard Lake (outside of McCall). The road is rough and dusty also you climb in elevation.

Too far for Glenn, Dave and Dan. For me it's not bad. I like to stopover in the Blue Mountains on the way to your place in New Meadows. I remember it was 103/105 degrees down in the valley. Exhausted from 3 days in the heat, google showed the Blue Mountains as the coldest place in summertime so I made a B line for the Blue Mtns and got down to 38 in the evening. It was a great relief and I'll never forget as the sun went down at 9pm the temps dropped to 55. It was wonderful and I finally slept.

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

I am looking for others interested in some Oregon camping.  Me and @Tractorman are planning another trip next year somewhere in Eastern Oregon. I am winding down going so far south to Mono Village by going just once a year instead. It is getting expensive, even more unpleasant due to dangerous drivers, so it's time for me to stay closer to home and cut back. Anyone feel they want to join in are more than welcome. Usually everyone does what they want each day and then about 3 or 4 o'clock we start to gather around the campfire. Always fun.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Oregon is just a 2 hour ride away for me. I can be in Ontario OR pretty quick. Let me know I might consider that next spring.

I'm all in for camping closer to home. So is @Tractorman, he says we should try Phillips Lake. @IBMobile says he may start going further too.

I am liking places not so commercialized.

• Owner

I love going to dry camping places if possible. Prices for renting a piece of dirt and a little power is ridiculous. I'm already solar powered just need two new house batteries. Like the last place @Honey Badger and I went and camped was in the middle of nowhere, no fees, dry camping and we did just fine. 

• Staff
9 hours ago, Hutch24v said:

You could also consider extending the site 'range' and travelling up to WA to camp near me. Too many places to count in WA that are great for camping/hiking/fishing etc...

But I'd be up for a rendezvous with my Truck Camper. Just getting adjusted to it and love it. 

I heard the east side of Mt. Rainier is really good. I have a truck camper also which I still like.

• Staff

If you are interested just put up a name of a place you like so we can look it up, see if we get a consensus on what place is best for everyone. Either spring or fall, I like anywhere that's in the forest on a lake, also dry camping, we'll have a good time.:thumb1:

So far we have

Phillips Lake by Tractorman

Somewhere in Eastern Cascade Mountains of Washington by Hutch24v

Courtright by Threadzy (pretty far for those in the Northwest)

I'm suggesting somewhere in the Strawberry Mountains in Eastern Oregon with a lake, I have never been there, only heard it's good.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
On 11/8/2022 at 7:35 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

I love going to dry camping places if possible. Prices for renting a piece of dirt and a little power is ridiculous. I'm already solar powered just need two new house batteries. Like the last place @Honey Badger and I went and camped was in the middle of nowhere, no fees, dry camping and we did just fine. 

Not according to my camping bill from last spring :spend:  :lol: