• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla with Iquad

So it came in the other day and im going to get around to installing it soon. I have all manual gauges, so Im missing out on a lot of cool gadgets I guess. I read the quadzilla instructions and pretty much got that, what is the Iquad going to do besides download other tunes? In other words what is it going to do for the quadzilla? I read the instructions but I will have to re read them Im sure several more times. Just asking questions to basically put it together in my head. Excuse me but im old school, dual point distributors were high tech in my day.

I’m just starting to learn the Adrenaline myself, but the iQuad is nice because it enables you to use an IOS (Apple) or Android device as your monitor as opposed to having a fixed device that’s hardwired into the Adrenaline module, plus it’s simple to install bc it’s wireless. You can customize the user interface to show readings that you don’t get from your instrument cluster or your mechanical gauges, for example trans temp, fuel temp, etc. But, the main advantage is the fact that 90% of people already have an iPhone or Android device so they can use their iPhone, for example, instead of having to buy another dedicated device just for the Adrenaline. Up to this point I’ve just been using the Quadzilla app on my iPhone to manage the Adrenaline, but I’ve decided to buy a separate dedicated tablet to sync through IQuad. Bigger screen, and leaves my iPhone free to roam on cellular data.

• Like 1

I’ve thought about doing exactly what you did. Looks like it works well. Currently I’m using the ashtray to prop my phone up (sideways), I think I could make an iPad mini or small android tablet work in that spot too. 

• Owner

I typically do not use my phone at all, unless I'm doing tune work. Once the tune work is done I don't bother to use my cellphone or even open the tuner. I just use my a-pillar gauges and then the truck looks totally stock and less likely for anyone to steal your truck or break-in because there is no tablet, phone, or display even visible. Best yet get people that don't know you to get into the truck without a display and then they are thinking how is this stock-looking truck so FAST?!?! 

I want the Bluetooth for my stereo, rocking out to tunes as I travel. Yeah I know I still could but the music is much clearer and less hiccups in the music because of low bandwidth of the Bluetooth with all the data streaming for music and gauge data.  

Edited by Mopar1973Man

27 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Once the tune work is done I don't bother to use my cellphone or even open the tuner. I just use my a-pillar gauges and then the truck looks totally stock

I think thats where I would be on it, sure I'll check it out for a while but everything I need has a gauge. I do need a trans gauge though.

• Owner

I use the transmission temp for the oil filter test plug that way to track the engine oil temperature. Also if you do use that transmission temperature sensor make sure that you DO NOT use any thread sealants. No tapes or paste sealants. This will skew the ground signal to the body of the transmission or oil filter housing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

my a-pillar gauges and then the truck looks totally stock and less likely for anyone to steal your truck or break-in because there is no tablet,

I like redundancy in my gauges. I run 2 pyros and 2 fuel pressure gauges. Mechanical and electronic gauges via the quad. Might be overkill to some. Also always take the tablet with me when I leave truck for any extended amount of time. 

12 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

use the transmission temp for the oil filter test plug that way to track the engine oil temperature.

I thought about drilling a hole in pto cover, welding a nut to it and screw it into manual trans. But I remember you saying theres a specific spot. Where the pto gear splash feeds the sensor.

• Owner

No. The sensor is submerged in the oil but the hottest spot is near the gear teeth. The PTO gear is the closest to the cover which will draw the hot oil to the sensor showing the hottest temperature. Where fast cooler bring the sensor away from the gears an of course the temps look cooler but actually still hot at the gear teeth hence why the claim it runs cooler.