• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Removed chrome wheel covers and painted the wheels

• Staff

So today I was a little bored and wanted to check my rear tire pressure. With the chrome covers on this is impossible on the dual rear wheels. The covers are 4 hole and the wheels 7 hole so they don't line up and there is just no way to get in there with a gauge so......

I removed the chrome covers, painted the wheels black satin and reused the chrome centers. See pic below. What ya think?

20220722_165239.jpg

Rears before

20220722_155308.jpg

Rears after

20220722_155247.jpg

• Like 3

If the wheels were actually chromed I could never bring myself to do it.  But chrome covers, absolutely!  My VW TDI's snow tire wheels got the black painted steel treatment, and I like it, though wish the chrome center caps weren't so expensive so I could bring myself to finish it.  It doesn't look as good on a gold vehicle as it does on silver, but I wasn't about to buy a set of aluminum wheels for dedicated snow tires.

I saw a set of the Night edition dually wheels on Facebook a few weeks ago, I think the guy wanted $1700-1800 for them.  For 6 new tires and decent looking wheels it's not a bad deal though.  I think the 5th gen duallies have a different lug pattern though.  

Edited by Sycostang67
adding

• 2 weeks later...