• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hydro Boost

yes definetly Pirate Jack's and not some MIC bad copy, well saying that I found a MIUSA "small" seal kit first off of ebay.com but while I was waiting for it to arrive I was pointed to PJ's and saw he does a "full" kit  so I also ordered that too, being in the UK and using my truck for work truck in bits and no parts is not an option so I always make sure I have everything I need then some just in case.  Also be aware there are plenty selling on ebay.com stating MIUSA, I messaged and asked and a lot weren't

I just unbolted the master cylinder and left it hanging  and did not reseal it, the Hydroboost is easy to reseal and on my truck I didn't have to cut the rod as some years you do and some years you don't, now mine is 1998 first of the 24v so If I didn't need to cut the rod and yours is 2002 I'd guess you might have to cut the rod, PJ's instructions tell what needs to be done

I did use PJ's full kit but be aware the kit covers more models or Hydro variances then just your truck so you will have parts left and you "could" fit the wrong parts if not careful

Just remove it and when disassembling lay it all out on a clean surface in order and match the new parts to old first..... IIRC there are some seal differences but the instructions are good so no bother 

I'll rephrase what I said earlier, now I've sat and thought I can't be 100% sure I didn't have to cut my rod, memory not as sharp as it was !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LorenS said:

Pretty nice that kit is universal. I own three vehicles with Hydroboost, maybe I should order a kit to have handy, and hope the seals don't dry out by the time I need it 😄

Pretty sure the others were chevy stuff