• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ford Uhaul

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

All I can say is Ford Uhaul box trucks are a complete piece of junk. I know why I've never owned a Ford. 

Trying to help a friend bring his RV from Mesa, AZ to Idaho. We didn't even get out of AZ and the check engine light popped on and started rattling till it dead in the middle of the desert. Sat in the heat waiting for it to cooldown. Got it started, talk about gutless. Made it to Boulder City, NV for the night. Most likely have to trade trucks to keep going.

• Staff

What was it, 105 degrees still at midnight or something? Like weather doesn't cool down at night.

Uhaul is such a POS. You want to get a brand new truck from them if you can.

I am sorry Mike that your having a bad time, I hope you get it resolved.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

Stupid Ford has a vacuum leak still but I made a hose plug for PVC valve. Running a bit better but it doesn't idle. Once running down the road it does fairly good but when it down shifts it pings pretty badly. Made it Ely, NV made the climb to 7,300 feet and it was slow, but made the climb.

• Owner

Well to add to the story we made back to Idaho but that piece of crap Ford died again in the middle of of construction in Caldwell ID managed to get it started again. Then dropped of the Interstate and headed towards Parma ID to get Minnie (minivan) we picked up 50 in fuel. Had troubles getting it started again. Got it running made it to Parma Rd and it died again fought with it for another hour my buddy @MUDDY came to help. Finally I got it started again and drove it like a race truck to get over the grade to Muddy's place. We unhitched and struggled to start it again and park it out front. Yesterday Uhaul came and towed it off.

I can promised everyone here I will never own a Ford product they are completely junk vehicles. 

Oh the other problem every time I was dealing with bone heads on the road it was ALWAYS a Ford. Stupid people. Just had one yesterday stupid Ford gets in the passing lane and slows down.

As for Beast I ran back to Parma ID with Beast and haul @First Diesel Middleton RV back here. Beast was a pleasure to drive and tow Mike's RV back to my place. All the muscle to climb grades and cold A/C.

Always remember when your having troubles with a vehicle look on the members map and see who is around you and should be able to find some help through the website.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

I'm glad to be home. Side note on the this trip is I'm going to throw my boots out. with all the walking I did and driving I managed to dislocate 3 toes on my right foot and 2 on my left foot and @Honey Badger managed to get my left foot doing gong and relocated. My right foot and still very sore but it was super painful to get the one toe back in. I'll be slow and hobbling around for a few days.