• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla showing zero boost

12 hours ago, Unreal Summit said:

Guessing the boost spike shouldn't have hurt anything still not good

Your statement is correct.  For further information on the subject, keep in mind the MAP sensor isn't too accurate above a certain level. I do not know that level, but I believe I read on this site it's somewhere in the 20's.  A true boost gauge would be needed for more accurate readings.

• Owner
1 hour ago, LorenS said:

For further information on the subject, keep in mind the MAP sensor isn't too accurate above a certain level. I do not know that level, but I believe I read on this site it's somewhere in the 20's.

Varies... Might be as low 20 PSI or as high as 35 PSI. I know when I blew my head gasket I was shocked my ISSPro EV2 showed 53 PSI but the Quadzilla was 69 PSI shown in the logs. Boost gauge is the most accurate. The only thing the Quadzilla worries about is from 0 to 30 PSI being that is all the fuel map that it can calculate. Above that point it doesn't matter being it will use the +30 PSI fuel setting. 

• Owner
1 hour ago, Unreal Summit said:

Thank y'all!  Gonna look into some pillar gauges

I would highly suggest the ISSPro EV2 series over any other gauge on the market. ISSPro is USB programmable for the warning light, needle reaction speed, LED light to match the light level of the cluster, then you can even program a option relay to turn on and off different thing. Example Trans Temp gauge programmed for waring light at 220*F and then program the relay to switch on a cooling fan at 160*F. Then change the needle speed to be more average that accurate. 

• Like 1

• Owner

Daisy chained wiring...

20230119_124049.jpg

Sorry the photo is upside down but the boost fitting is just behind the fuel filter...

20230119_124128.jpg

My sensor are not on the engine but mounted on the fender... Boost and fuel pressure...

20230119_124115.jpg

Both pyrometer probes for the Quadzilla and ISSPro EV2...

20230119_124145.jpg

Needle valve and snubber just after... No sensor here its on the fender in the above photo.

20230119_124138.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

• Owner
36 minutes ago, Unreal Summit said:

I had no idea they all all of those features! Guess I could put a temperature sensor in the side of the transmission again. Be nice if we would run two gauges from one sensor but that would have it's own issues

Here is the ISSPro EV2 software and the options. Showing my Pyrometer settings.

pyro.png

Here is the entire post on it...

• Owner

That's why I pick a product and do a review of the products I purchase. Everything I've done to my truck is all in history here on the website. If you want to do a Google search just add "site:mopar1973man.com" to the end of your search and it will dig through the website for what you are looking for. Like my example.

image.png

• Like 1

• Owner

Same here... ISSPro EV2...

• Boost Pressure
  • Fuel Pressure
  • Pyrometer
  • Trans Temp

What I found on Quadzilla...

• Boost pressure is not true and varies the higher in pressure it goes past 30 PSI. By the time ISSPro shows 53 PSI the Quadzilla is showing 69 PSI. Tried two MAP sensors 2002 and 2001 sensor.
  • Pyrometer is not exact but close its about +50*F for the most but can be off as high as 150*F at the high end. Even changed probes still has the offset.

Boost on the Quadzilla is only good to verify the MAP sensor function. I would not trust it for racing purpose being above 30 PSI the accuracy is gone.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

I've got a bit of a hodge podge of gauges. My FP gauge is an ISSPro and boost, EGT & Trans in the a-pillar are by GlowShift which does get a bad rap, but they've been working fine for me for a year+.  I think if/when they die I'll swap to full ISSPro. I also have a similar variation with EGT temps between the Quad and Pillar. Usually take the ave of the 2.  

I know Geno at @Genos Garagegot his start selling the combi-gauge (I believe Westach), with the boost and EGT in one gauge.  I really like the EV2 gauges, but do wish I had bought one of these, just to save a pod - and they look cool!

https://www.westach.com/boost-egt-combo-gauges?Size=2"+Round

It'd be swell if ISSPRO made some EV2 combo gauges so they'd match the stock gauges, even if digital; for things like oil/transmission temp, etc.
Westach sells a dual oil temp gauge, would need to make labels to remember which one is oil versus trans. temp!
https://www.westach.com/product-page/2dc3-89

I used to have a Westach combo EGT/Boost gauge installed in my truck from the previous owner several years ago. Wanted to like the thing but the internal springs kept getting fowled and the pointers stuck and wouldn't move.  Sent in to Westach twice to get it fixed and then ended up just selling it. Don't know why i had bad luck with them. 

Mark