• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weather starting to improve, Days getting Longer...

JAG1

• Staff

I am trying to get an idea on how many would like to get together for camping fishing and relaxation for a few days at Magone Lake in Eastern Oregon this late spring. Trying to get an idea because Group sites are only 60 bucks a night which is a good deal if there are 4 of us or more. I am offering to pay so no camp fees if you show up for the fun and the campfire.

Let me know even if just thinking about it. If your sure that's real good. Everyone's welcome. Thinking late April or May.

Thanks for considering and remember in this busy day and age you need to slow it down a notch and break loose once in awhile.

• Owner

Don't pull the trigger too fast. I need to get more snow be everything melted already. You might be ready for spring but I need to see another good snow storm to have enough water for summer. Heck this year was the least amount of snow removal work. I only plowed once. My yard is bare and nothing but mud.

• Staff

John, Thank you so much. When do think is a good time to expect we would have good weather there ? IBMobile is thinking seriously about going along with his and my good friend Glenn. Glenn's folks are in Idaho anyway and Dan is wanting to see relatives in Seattle so it works out good for everyone.

Most of us are getting tired of the Bridgeport area by now and going that far is too much twice a year for me.

To all our friends out there... I just want to let you know how important it has become to get away, have fun and meet friends again. You don't know how important it is for us until you actually start. :cheers:

Edited by JAG1

@JAG1, I think no earlier than the middle of May for camping, but definitely before the Memorial Day weekend.  The lake elevation is at 5,000 feet.  There will likely be leftover winter snowfields around in April, plus downed trees may still be laying across the road from winter storms. 

The photo is from Google Earth Street View in April, 2012.  I will take a trip over in mid April to see how things look.  It does appear the road is a paved road all the way to the lake - just a single lane.

- John

image.png.89b15b6c218b457ef2b83f5318c04465.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Spring has been postponed at  my house for awhile.  Ten inch snowfall overnight the night before last.  But, it's okay as my tractor is equipped with a  snow pusher.

- John

20230310_092013.jpg.f6d4e0a0e24009f6b9efbee30b73d811.jpg

Edited by Tractorman
  • Like 2