• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Spring Camp trip Dates set in Concrete

JAG1

• Staff

Hopefully this works for everyone that has showed interest. Our goal is to camp at Magone Lake May 13  leaving on the 16 th, giving us 3 nights and days of fun and friendly campfire.

This is depending on the snow conditions for that time as we may have to opt for a lower elevation somewhere  either out of John Day or Prairie City Oregon. @Tractorman is our scout and is willing to check out a few places for us before we decide.

When I talked with the Ranger for this area she said we can camp anywhere really in the national forest as long as you see a fire ring and a large enough area. Generally we prefer campsites because of the paved roads and some amenities. I like to ride mountain Bike and ebike so the pavement  and developed trails are fun for an old guy like me.  IBMobile prefers an RV park if the nights are cold so we were discussing the one in Prairie City or Dayville. During the day we can take a day trip to Strawberry Mountain Lake or elsewhere and go fishing or do whatever you like. Dan and me have been camping twice a year for around 7 or 8 years and we always go off do what we like and then meet up in late afternoon. It's always fun. I think some of us are planning to go for breakfast at a nice country cafe, so lots of variety.

Anyhow please let us know if your planning to meet up. That way we can kind of plan for everyone. So far we have 3 members that are sure to go @IBMobile, @Tractorman, @JAG1. We have 2 others waiting to see if this time works for them as well @Mopar1973Man and @W-T.

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

This is depending on the snow conditions for that time as we may have to opt for a lower elevation somewhere  either out of John Day or Prairie City Oregon. @Tractorman is our scout and is willing to check out a few places for us before we decide.

So far, we are on track for a late spring.  The 10 day extended forecast is still showing below normal temperatures and snow showers for my location about 10 miles northwest of Baker City.  Then it is forecast to switch gears for warmer, more seasonal temperatures. 

The photos below taken on 3-10-2023 (bottom) and 3-28-2023 (top) at my place (3,800' elevation).  This is only my fourth winter here, but normally the snow is gone by the middle of March. 

There is still plenty of time for the snow to melt in the high country and (as @JAG1mentions), I will check out the area around Magone Lake early enough to make a decision on camping there.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone wherever "there" ends up being.

Just for information, Prairie CIty is at 3,500' elevation and Dayville is at 2,400' elevation.  Prairie City has by far the best view.

- John

20230328_140153.jpg.d92bde36658fc7526d693293c2b5437a.jpg

20230310_092013.jpg.b5eaddbf3ada5b20f5fd077f3fa6d527.jpg