• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47re, fuel leakes, general updates and hellos

• Staff
On 7/31/2023 at 6:01 AM, Evan said:

Dude get off the small tire ball joint crap, I get it yours is better.

Thank you it feels good to do it.

Ill probly have to go now since theres no point in being here i have big tires you know

Little tires big! well you know, better traction less wear and all that.

Edited by JAG1

On 7/31/2023 at 7:11 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Maybe it would nice that I don't have to fix thousands of trucks with the same issue. This is my next customer while I'm camped out in Parma ID. Let's say I've learned how to do it right from all the mistakes I fix on my customers trucks. Being I do learn what not to do why would I do something to create issues? Then ask why do my clients come to me and ask me to fix it? Yup that is Thor to the left of the pic.

16908085642521179372378432122331.jpg

Thats a good looking truck.

For what its worth our 04 has 219 k. Im working through the front end.

08.5 steering oe balljoints are shot. Unit bearings toast.

This is a small tire street rig. I do beleive big tires will cause parts to wear faster but this ones eating parts at about the same rate as my 02 did with big tires.

20230805_192109.jpg.16a35956bdf568383353ddcf5b9a686b.jpg

Havent done the track bar yet as it seems to be alright. When its time itl get a adjustable track same as my 02.

We dont even tow much with the pickups anymore just not worth the wear and tear.

Ohhh this clutch is headed out aswell im waiting for the transmission to break so i can go through it and install new clutch at same time.  You know 2 birds one stone kinda thing.

Offcourse it rains when i start a project 

20230803_211239.jpg.1b83d3d05e55d6003a2d1c3738e31ef3.jpg

• Like 1

• Owner

Yup. All I can say is make sure to hit a alignment rack and have them adjust the track bar to get true straight thrust angle. If you do like a 2 inch leveling kit it will push the axle down and towards the driver side. Being you not using a lift kit then you technically would not need a adjustable track bar unless you are planning a lift kit the do both lower control arms adjustable and track that is adjustable. This way you can set caster and thrust angle correctly.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I do tape measure aligment had just as good if not better results than alignment shop.

Been 12ish years since my 02s been on a rack it has the truest wearing tires around.

My jeep is freaking pretty sweet to. But its all gutted and reworked from axle tubes to the frame.  Nothing stock left. Ive never had it on a rack.  

Tires wear true and you can drive it 80 with your pinky while shes screaming 3500rpms. 

So no i wont be putting the truck on rack after fabbing trackbar.

However if something does change and i start getting bad wear or funky handling characteristics i will suck it up and get help. Though unlikely 

I did do 2" leveling on my truck but i have 1ton rear springs.

The 04 is pretty sacked out with fuel tank and junk on on it. Might make more sense to lower front and inch or two or maybe raise rear to handle load better. 

But its kinda ok its sitting about level as is its a work truck. 

I do the track bar because the oem bushings are junk. Its silly to fabb a fixed bar. I see now why you mention leveling kit.

My 02 has about 200k on my track bar the 07 that got totaled had about 100k. We were lucky to get 20k on the 07 oem or after market track bars.

That was a cab n chassis truck so maybe its thrust angle was off from the factory eating the track bars since the front end was same as 3/4

Lol i dunno even know what thrust angle is track bar locates axle side to side preferbly centerd on frame at ride height.

Then control arms do castor.  Thrust angle is probly a fast food aligment shop term made to make themselves sound smart.

My track bar appears original and never had a problem no wobble and 325K miles. I replaced the bushings and caster alignment bolts a couple years ago. That was a lot of torching.

I replaced an axle u joint and I think I bent an ear. The joints were really stuck in there it has some binding when turned hard.

I had a shop change ball joints like 10 years ago and its had a slight pull to the right ever since.

I wish there was a way to check the ball joint cams and spacers without putting all back together. 

• Staff

I have 2 second gen Cummins, one with a Georend deep trans pan and the other a Mag Hytech Deep trans pan. I do my own trans service every 30,000 drop the pans and change filters and adjust the bands on both trucks. I like the Georend trans pan far better even looks higher quality over all and when you look at the mating surfaces The Georend looks to be finished with more care in mind. Everytime I do the Georend pan it never leaks but that dang MagHytech always leaks. Drives me nuts. Anyone else get tired of the weeping leak from the MagHytech? I don't like the funky drain plug either, the Georend has a nice beafy drain plug and good slope for better drainage. Mag Hy tech is a flat bottom. :doh:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1