• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone ever wonder what you would do if you find squatters in your house?

JAG1

• Staff

Oregon wants you to get the attorney and go thru at least a month long process doing a legal eviction. That's BS because it only gives the squatter a license to steal everything and sell it at a pawn shop. Even if you come home to find most of your things already sold you know your going to have to pay for hotel rooms and when they finally open your safe getting tittles to your vehicles, your guns, whatever else is in there. You see it's just a stupid law because your home is your castle.

I am just wondering what thoughts and ideas you have about this and what to do if they change the locks and draw up a phony rental agreement?

This recently happened to a home near us out in our rural area only just a couple miles away.. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated as I am going to set up an effective solution to this problem with your help. Thank you.

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

This recently happened to a home near us out in our rural area only just a couple miles away..

Can you give details as to what transpired here?  Example: was the home unoccupied for a few months first?  Or, were the owners gone for a couple of weeks (vacation)?  Or, did the owners go to the grocery store and return to find people occupying their house?

Could make a difference on how to prepare by knowing what you are up against.

- John

• Staff

Thank you John, They went away for 3 weeks and came home and discovered a lady was living in there and would not leave till the sheriff drove up when she ran out into the woods leaving most of her belongings. They could not find her nor could they find any identification left behind. They think she had an escape plan. It happened on Upper Highland Road in Beavercreek. I tried to log into Neighborhood talk to get more details but, do not understand why I can't log in.

What I'm thinking is never leave guns nor valuables behind. Always have a way to let yourself in even after they change the locks. Have a written lease in your travel case where you can enter valid dates. This way you can be a legal rent/squatter to get the others out. Not sure if that will work.

• Staff

s

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Three S rule... A simple solution to a problem.

What's the 3 S's my friend? Can't be simple when actually faced with this situation. I'm here to help others find a way to stay out of trouble since our failing Gov't seems to write laws more in favor of the criminal. What I'm saying is if you are a victim in this situation you need certain tools to be able to take back your house in the same manner as such was taken away from you. Or to have certain conditions to where you can pull the switch on the squatter(s). I am looking for ideas on this for example, to not permanently contaminate your well but, with a certain product that will make the well water have an intolerable smell. Any further creative thinking you can add?

All these things seem silly to me when you could just use force with weapon or handgun. However,  with further thought you realize you could have a lethal situation on your hands escalated into them having the upper hand with a great hiding place,  leaving you out in the open. Or the police not understanding the situation that transpired putting yourself at great risk. I'm looking for creative ways around all this. Thank you all here for your consideration.

Mike (JAG1), Mopar Man's biggest thorn in the side. :)