• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I know this is sudden but...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

So let's organize a time that I start and I'll get the Zoom started. I'm willing to do truck work just to have something to do. Seriously when your told just get up and exist every day without anything to do starts to eat at your mind. We have a whole website here with a lot of functions and abilities and we can still get information out to people the best I can. Right now I have to be careful being I'm trying to get assistance to get through my cancer so I'm not permitted to make too much income because then I lose the benefits I'm trying to sign up for. 

https://mopar1973man.com/forum/218-zoom-meetings/

Now if you guys and gals post up when you wish to do Zoom meetings I'll get set up when I'm here at home. I'll admit right now the only time where I'll not be able to do much is on Jan. 30th for the entire day being I've got a doctor's appointment all the way in Fruitland ID. Which is 3 to 3.5 hours with weather for a one-way trip. I check the website all the time being I've got nothing else better to do these days but get up and deal with my port pain in my back. The best way to describe my port pain is like taking a piece of bailing wire and heat that up red hot and stick one in each side of my back. I fight to get a comfortable position just sitting up or lying down.

Yesterday I actually had a pretty good day. Other than dealing with the port pain in my back. I got dressed up in my Emo Goth mode (My blue and black hair, basic black Eye shadow, and black lip stain) and went to Riggins, Idaho and dropped Jake off for work at Riggins One Stop and decided to bring a friend out to the house being I could get Mark to drop Einar off at his place in town and pick up Jake after work. Well, I was dressed up in my Emo Goth mode and went into the local restaurant (River Rock Cafe) and ordered a pizza. The owner didn't realize it was me till I opened my mouth and ordered. She was highly impressed because I was very much altered in appearance she loved the new me. I paid for my pizza which I laid 30 dollars down and that was tip and everything. I stood outside while Einar and I's food was being made. I had another local walk up to me and compliment me on my full appearance and both were trying to figure out who I was. I told them my actual name, my business name, etc. No dice they just couldn't put it together being I've so majority altered my appearance. Blue and black hair, basic black eyeshadow, and black lip stain. About 30 minutes went by and I finally went in to check on our orders. Einar's burger is ready and my pizza was just getting cut up and boxed. The owner comes out and hands me back my 30 dollars because the pizza wasn't quite right. Then I told the owner that when I'm dressed up Emo Goth I typically get huge discounts or things for free. Her jaw dropped as she realized I just got a FREE pizza for my dinner tonight. She told me to keep doing it. It does work and she that my appearance was stellar. We came back to my place and smoked then got our munchie on and watched TV. Simple pleasure but a well-needed day of smiles and companionship with a physical person and not a phone call.

What I'm saying is don't leave me behind. I'm still a human being and enjoy interacting with all of you and when people just quit posting and like some told me they don't know what to say... Just be a friend and hang out with me. I know you might not want to talk about my cancer but that is what is screwing my life up so I try to just have fun one way or another. It's true laughter is the best medicine. Depression can be the devil's workshop and I don't like playing there at all. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

I'm heading "up north" near the Canaukastan border this week later to hang with some friends in their shack to have some fun w/o power or running water.....always a blast, so I won't be around till next week for any zoomy calls.  

If, after that, as I said anyone wants to zoom my shop and do a walk around my project I'd be willing.

Glad to hear  you in better spirits.  I can sympathize your situation to a degree.  My wife was in 4 accidents about 2.5 years ago.  We count one accident as 3 because it was multi car and she took 3 impacts.  She now has TBI and her (and my) life has changed dramatically.  She's luckily still "there" but physically she can't do her old job, do house chores, drive at night etc.  Severe concussions suck.  It can wear on me as well with all the extra duties and understanding it takes now repeating some things as she doens't remember everything as she should.  So I totally get where you are, just know people care about ya, are really hoping that you can find a new "normal" and keep a smile on your face as you move forward.  Depression is insideous and remember there are help lines available if no one is around in your personal life to talk to in a dark hour.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

I'm sorry that I was only on here intermittently the last couple months. When I traded my 01 Sport SLT HO 2500 Ram Cummins for a 03 Duramax Crew Cab long bed 4x4, that the shady individual who I got it from had made a lot of false statements about it having a rebuilt Allison trans, new CP3 pump, new injectors, new glow plugs, etc. with paperwork, then I find out that all of it was BS lies. I was just getting depressed enough just thinking about having to work on the spaghetti nest under the hood or if the engine or trans was going to blow up and leave me with no way to pay for a replacement. The Duramax wasn't leaving me high and dry yet, but it was going to need the typical tranny cooler lines and steering box replaced, which was going to be around $700 after sending the core in on a Blue Top Steering gear box.

At least now that I'm in a better 01 Cummins 4x4 quad cab long bed 4x4 (my favorite diesel), which came with a nicely built auto trans (with paper receipt from trans shop in Bend) and it has all the engine performance upgrades done to it. It will need minor repairs like a steering box due to too much play, and a power steering pump since it's noisy. It needs the following things to make it 100% again.

1. Instrument cluster LED bulbs

2. 190 deg thermostat because someone installed a 180 deg one

3. Heater treater fix (on order) and blend door actuator (already have)

4. Both front seat bottom foam and covers - typical Dodge seats

5. CB mount and high quality coax cable

6. Double din stereo with backup camera

7. Door decals and grille emblem - ordered

8. Replace the trans shift indicator PRND2L

9. Install new headlights with HID headlight bulbs - already have

10. Install under hood LED light kit - already have

11. Install Pos and Neg bus bars for better management of powering up accessories 

12. Replace bad fuel tank sending unit - ordered it 

13. Buy and winch bumper and winch

14. Install grid heater solenoids and cables to grid heater - previous owner deleted them

15. Fix minor engine oil pan leak

Mike, if you need any assistance with the website or store, please just let me know, or if you just need to talk about your day, I'm here to listen Brother. 

My Dad passed away Jan 2019 from a brain cancer tumor that grew back in 5 months after it was removed at OHSU. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone ever. 

• Like 1

• Staff
Posted (edited)

I hope your getting better and better Mike. My age is something I am fighting since I get tired much more easily these days. I have not been on much after spending all my energy helping others with water problems (seems a recurring problem in Oregon). Also fixing/ solving many things around the house. I am an accomplisher, like to work and I am not a member of the yak yak tribe like my wife.  Anyway she is not totally well, so I do much of the shopping and housework too which I don't mind.

Edited by JAG1