• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I needed to put the 7x12's on the shelf.I wanted to see if i could get better mpg.As well as help my new vp last a little longer.I traded some guy.He wanted my old hx40.I wanted his rv injectors.So he gave me some cash and the injectors,i gave hin the 40.I sent the injectors just to get freshened up.The guy at the injector shop told me they were crusty.He fixed them up and did whatever them guys do and sent them back. So i put them in.I had hard cold starting problems.Somehow air was getting into the system.I did find the return line needed to be tightened.Did that little to no change.Then i remember the injector guy saying something about (They should work themselves in)They did not seem to be doing so.So i added 1 qt 2s for 3/4 tank of diesel. I am happy to say the 2 stroke is helping my cold start up.Today it is just a tick away from being perfect. The extra lube in the fuel is helping the injectors seat and not bleed down :hyper:

Might also check the crossover tube o-rings. I just replaced my injectors and most of those o-rings were shot.

I replaced the tubes with brand new ones.(cummins)I diddnt know if they had clogged up.I ran them in the parts cleaner backwards so the funk wouldnt get forced in more.All of the o rings are new.

I recently read about two stroke oil mixed with diesel for better lubeing of the vp44. I've been adding about a quart to every fill up, which would be a little more than the recomended 0ne ounce per gallon of diesel fuel. I have noticed that my motor runs much quieter and smoother. Diesel is now three bucks a gallon so the extra two bucks for the two stroke isn't going to break the bank. I've now got 198,900 on the old girl and she is running just fine.

I've been running 2 stroke for a while. I premeasure the TCW3 into a quart container for a half tank + fill up. I carry them in the door pockets so have enough for a decent road trip without needing to measure again.

I do that too.:thumbup2:

• Owner

there prolly is no such thing as an overdoes...unless you pump 32 gallons of it in there!!:thumbup2:

Actually there is... Once you start down below 100:1 ratio you'll start to notice the exhaust color turns more grey in color and MPG's start to slide down some. This is because now you cetane number is too low and the fuel isn't burning fast enough to completely burn. So there is a balance ot the fuel...

Don't use to much 2 stroke oil, i sent my injectors off to get cleaned and pop tested (50k on them, rough idle) and the shop called me and asked what i was using for fuel. I said #2 with 1 qt of 2 stroke at every fill up. He said quit using it as it has gummed up these injectors really bad. Just my 2 cents. I no longer use it.

do u ever pump bio blends? i have seen a lot of photos where the all kinds of stuff was gummed and corroded because of bio. i have been running 5% bio and get a nice bump up in MPG. when using bio, i never add 2 stroke. i also go a little less than 1oz per gallon when pumping straight #2 :2cents: