• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift Pump Recommendations?

I'm sure the Carter is not a great pump. On the other hand, the original one lasted over 100,000 miles. Thats nothing to sneeze at. Until I win the lottery or find a better job, there won't be any fancy anodized stuff under there. I'd like to put a gauge on it, but so far, no one has mentioned a gauge they think is worth buying.

[quote name='

But now increase the fuel pump to say 100 GPH and now do the math. 20 / 100 = 20% so that means 80% is being return under the heaviest load and plenty of cooling and lubrication is occuring.

But there is a hitch to this Now the lift pump has to be able to keep above 14 PSI at WOT to keep the cooling and lubricating going. Once you start dropping below 14 PSI the overflow valve on the return line start to close that means reduced cooling and lubrication so once the fuel pressure falls to 10 PSI the valve is closed and all extra cooling and lubrication is gone...[/quote']

That's why you're the GURU here!

GO CTD,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...