• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

She runs like you anit never seen, boys I am going to be hitting 19 mpg I just know it for a 9800 lbs truck. It runs so smooth you dont even know it's running, sounds like a electric car it's so quiet. 2 Years of misery man finally over, next I be hittin the rollers LOL.Sorry for all the excitement, I just cant get over it's finally done. 1 Million miles here I come. Well only 750k left to go.

She runs like you anit never seen, boys I am going to be hitting 19 mpg I just know it for a 9800 lbs truck. It runs so smooth you dont even know it's running, sounds like a electric car it's so quiet. 2 Years of misery man finally over, next I be hittin the rollers LOL. Sorry for all the excitement, I just cant get over it's finally done. 1 Million miles here I come. Well only 750k left to go.

MAN THATS FRIGGIN AWESOME !!!!!! :ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::woot::woot: Serious - I know how stressed I get over stuff that is broke and costs $$ - so I KNOW you must be as high as kite right now !!!!! So the analysis was a bad head and leak ?? Are you taking to machine shop ? And going to have them point the weak spot ?? SWEEET !!!!:thumbup2:

She runs like you anit never seen, boys I am going to be hitting 19 mpg I just know it for a 9800 lbs truck. It runs so smooth you dont even know it's running, sounds like a electric car it's so quiet. 2 Years of misery man finally over, next I be hittin the rollers LOL. Sorry for all the excitement, I just cant get over it's finally done. 1 Million miles here I come. Well only 750k left to go.

Hey JL, What happened to your truck? Don't you just love it when things work out as planned? Congrats, Dave

Well you know the old saying, dont count your chickens before the eggs hatch? I guess I been counting to much. Ok here it is I was talking with Mike the other day that I noticed white smoke coming from tail pipe well she is making a piston slap (over fueling I think) because it aint valves tick I adjusted the valves twice today. 8 and 18 to 10 and 20 and to much noise coming from the hood. White smoke puff when I start. Had some old RV 275 so I took them down to have them pop tested and two good and four bad. Is there anybody on the planet with half the bad luck that I have? I anit scared to ask what next either.So anybody out there got some injectors I can use till mine get back. I just bought these injectors about two or three months ago DDP 50 hp.I hate to say it but these trucks suc, I had 4 hours for good running truck then it takes a dump.

Well you know the old saying, dont count your chickens before the eggs hatch? I guess I been counting to much. Ok here it is I was talking with Mike the other day that I noticed white smoke coming from tail pipe well she is making a piston slap (over fueling I think) because it aint valves tick I adjusted the valves twice today. 8 and 18 to 10 and 20 and to much noise coming from the hood. White smoke puff when I start. Had some old RV 275 so I took them down to have them pop tested and two good and four bad. Is there anybody on the planet with half the bad luck that I have? I anit scared to ask what next either.

So anybody out there got some injectors I can use till mine get back. I just bought these injectors about two or three months ago DDP 50 hp.

I hate to say it but these trucks suc, I had 4 hours for good running truck then it takes a dump.

God I wish I could just get this motor in my shop and test it and fix it. EDIT: That was a little rude, poorly worded on my part after a bad day, apolgies... I have a few spare sets of injectors, but with shipping you are going to be close to what you can get a used set for on ebay to your door. But if you are really in a bad way and have to run the truck, I'll help you out with some injectors to try, no problem. PM me if you want. I can also mail you some stuff to do a cylinder leak down test if you are so inclined...

--- Update to the previous post...

Don't run it until you do some diagnostics on it.... It could cost you a lot more money than you would lose having it down... You need to pressure check your cooling system... check cylinders for adequate compression.... but first, like you said, get some injectors some way some how, and see if that fixes it.

The owner of Austin Injection said he would like to take head to his sons machine shop and cut it in half to veiw it from inside out. I told him no problem I can get it to him tomorrow. We'll see what he says when I take it to him.

Why would you let him do that? Have you had it pressure checked and fluxed to see if it is even cracked? You would be throwing money away if you do, that is worth about 250 as a core if it's not cracked.

I dont know but I think it has to be cracked, how else would compression be getting into fuel tank? I know the copper washers could leak but I have had three sets of injectors in it in the last year. You would think it would stop it sooner or later. And as bad as it ran it got to be cracked. It atleast runs with out missing and surging, now and has a little better down low power than it had.Thanks

I dont know but I think it has to be cracked, how else would compression be getting into fuel tank? I know the copper washers could leak but I have had three sets of injectors in it in the last year. You would think it would stop it sooner or later. And as bad as it ran it got to be cracked. It atleast runs with out missing and surging, now and has a little better down low power than it had. Thanks

Yee haw then thats the way to do it, get r done. unsubscribed.

You still need to borrow a set of injectors? I have a stock set I can send out tommorow and you should get them saturday. I ran these in my truck for a week about a week ago in hopes of getting better mileage than my biggens but they didnt even do a mile better. They all popped off a little low but were all about the same (3500 psi) and they ran fine. Let me know