• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anybody using the Spinner II PT Model 25 oil centerfuge on their truck???

I was looking at one of these: http://www.spinnerii.com/index.cfm/div/divid/78/Pickup.Trucks and wondering if anyone here is using one and what their experiences have been with it? Thanks!

$675 for the entire installation kit: http://www.spinnerii.com/index.cfm/lev1/904/divId/78/Buy.Now!?process=prodList&category_id=1

I went w/ a used Frantz I bought on Ebay. Thinks I have 100 or so bucks in it. Frantz I was told, filters down to 1/10th of a micron.Guys use those spnner II's for filtering used veggie oil & they work gr8 for that as well. That's for the two tank WVO system.Dave

They look like good units, but I am not sure they are 3x better than the 2um Amsoil filters.

These centerfuges DO work and work VERY well. I remember back to my days as an MTP and AVIM aviation maintenance officer that we used a much larger version of these centerfuges to purify hydraulic oil for the CH-47D helicopter hydraulic systems. It was required to run oil DIRECTLY out of a new can of oil through the centerfuge to purify it before it could be used in the aircraft. Periodically, the entire hydraulic systems with purified using these things as well. If these centerfuges can clean the oil in our crankcases even half that good without using filter cartridges or other filter material, that would be much easier to clean and maintain. Cummins equips some of their engines with these centerfuge bypass filters on their larger engines. I have a Frantz filter kit but still have some misgivings about toilet paper anywhere near the oil lubrication system in my beloved Cummins engine. I saw a guy over on "the other" forum who had one installed on his truck and liked it. I started to reply and ask him but I just cannot bring myself to support that forum any longer.

Not to be a spoilsport or rain on your parade kind of guy, the following is just my opinion... There are a ton of 5.9 Cummins out there with thousands of hours and hundreds of thousands of miles with the stock oil filter. Personally, I would take that money and put it away in a special little savings account just for oil changes... My math says that you will be able to change your oil with that money for a few years.. Say 5 changes per year, 30 bucks a change. 150 bucks a year. That is 4 years or 600 dollars. factor in inflation and you will be pretty close to what that fancy filter will cost. Just my opinion though.....

Smokey, I understand what you are saying and in normal times of sanity I would whole heartedly agree. Within a few years, I think the price of an oil change and filter will leave you and I speechless and dumbfounded. This is one reason why I am looking at these bypass centrifugal filters. $675 is kinda steep. I am still looking to find another source but it looks like they are the only game in town.

not to plug anybody, but i've seen the spinner ii on ebay for 150 or so, now it wasn't the kit, but the little hose and fittings won't even cum close to 675. and funny also, i've thought about this for about a year or so now, you just refreshed my memory.

Can you post a link to the Spinner filters on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oil-filter-Spinner-II-96-SE-Centrifuge-Bio-Diesel-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf2f333b8QQitemZ330493539256QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories http://cgi.ebay.com/60-GPH-CENTRIFUGE-WVO-OIL-and-BIODIESEL-/190464358581?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c588f78b5 i guess prices have gone up since i looked! but that second is speced out the same as a spinner II. there's also the dieselcraft spinner also and that one is 499. so there are still cheaper alternatives out there.
  • Like 1