• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

fuel tank

I was under the impression that they were all 35 gallon tanks on the diesels. I know there is a 25 gallon tank on the gassers, but not certain about any others. My daughter has a 1998 12v QC/SB and it has the same size as my '96 CC/LB. Are you going by the fuel gauge for empty? Those gauges are notorious for going screwy..........

its been 5 years light comes on I fill up 25 gallons more or less every time How old is your daughter ? is she married ? :lol: I would love me a woman that drives a cummins so some do come with 35 gallon tanks then, a guy on eBay listed his truck with a 35 gallon tank and I thought he is just full of it

How old is your daughter ? is she married ? :lol: I would love me a woman that drives a cummins

Nope, not married, gonna be 22 next month, going to college (psych major!!), and planning to go to post graduate school!! SHE decided what truck she wanted, not me.......

Nope, not married, gonna be 22 next month, going to college (psych major!!), and planning to go to post graduate school!! SHE decided what truck she wanted, not me.......

Oh no thanks I dont wanna be with a shrink lol :lmao: I am so messed up in the head she will know on the first date :lol: Besides I already have a great wife just need to convince her to drive my truck a little more :D

its been 5 years light comes on I fill up 25 gallons more or less every time How old is your daughter ? is she married ? :lol: I would love me a woman that drives a cummins so some do come with 35 gallon tanks then, a guy on eBay listed his truck with a 35 gallon tank and I thought he is just full of it

if i fill up when my fuel light comes on ther is still 5 to 7 gallons left in the tank. my 96 V10 had a 35 gallon tank. at 12 mpg it neede a 60m gallon tank:lmao:

Just look under it and measure how long the tank is. I will go measure mine and if they are the same then you have a 35 gallon tank. My light comes on at 5-7 gallons also. The gauge itself is not accurate at all. I mean it is close but when my gauge stays at F for 200 miles, flies down to half, stays there for 300 miles, then slowly goes to 1/4 then flies to E like a bat out of hell, it shows how accurate it is. The low fuel light is accurate though so I just go by that.

Long beds are 35 and short beds are 34. My fuel lights comes on and I can usually only get 26 maybe 27 gallons in. Im in the process of running it down right now to see how many it will hold. My lights been on for 30 miles ar so but I only have a little over 400 miles on the tank and at 17mpg with a 35 gallon tank I should get almost 600.

Long beds are 35 and short beds are 34. My fuel lights comes on and I can usually only get 26 maybe 27 gallons in. Im in the process of running it down right now to see how many it will hold. My lights been on for 30 miles ar so but I only have a little over 400 miles on the tank and at 17mpg with a 35 gallon tank I should get almost 600.

I get between 420 and 460 to a full tank before the light comes on

i have yet to take a long trip to burn a full tank of fuel..like interstate..cruise on..so back and fourth to work..which is 20 miles away one way and then get shut off and warm ups in the morning..the best i have gotten is 320 miles on a half of a tank...i don't think that is bad for an automatic truck..well what is in the sig..and just put the grid heater delete and ats arc flow on yesterday..so may improve alittle(and maybe alittle more when the new rv275's get installed).:thumbup2::woot:

Well I learned something today, i didn't even realize there is a light on mine!:lmao: I know my gauge isn't reading accurate but try not to let it go to low anyway. I usually fill up at half a tank and usually have about 400 miles on it, so i doubt there near that left in it.

Today I found out I have a smaller than usual tank I looked at a 2500 5.9l gasser for a second plow truck and it had a tank almost double the size of mine I had both trucks stand side by side and I crawled under the gasser to check for rust etc and I was shocked of the tank size :stuned:wish I had a bigger tank :cry:

There is a company advertising on tv that will sell a tank twice as large, the gasser might have one of those under it??? I have a 99 qcsb and have a 34 gallon tank, which is plenty as I am never more than 600 miles away from a diesel pump. As for a larger tank, it only means more money to fill it up, although if you find a cheap price it might be worth it, but in that case I can just throw my 100 gallon tank in the bed and get all the fuel I need for a while. As for you daughter, I am not sure if she could put up with me, as I too am very sarcastic!