• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I bought a second diesel truck :D

blk90s13

a stroker this time :tongue: 2000 7.3L auto trans reg cab long bed 4x4 with a meyer plow 150k runs strong love the stroker but no where close to the cummins rumble I could not find a second dodge in my price range that was not beat to death the ford was very clean and well kept for a great price picture will come soon next to the Dodge

The later 7.3's (99-03.5?) are probably the next best turbo diesel there is. I know of several people with them and they never break down. I heard the earlier 99-01 maybe 00 had better stuff than the later few years also. Should be one hell of a truck! :thumbup2:

The later 7.3's (99-03.5?) are probably the next best turbo diesel there is. I know of several people with them and they never break down. I heard the earlier 99-01 maybe 00 had better stuff than the later few years also. Should be one hell of a truck! :thumbup2:

yea I heard that 99-00 were the best two years to buy a 7.3l it was hard to find one for sale all were 6.0 and you know how that goes lol :lmao:

and '03 with a 7.3 you could just about name your price..and i have heared alot of people with troubles...the computers..head gaskets....egrcoolers....turbo....oh last but not least..it has to oil pumps low and high psi oil pump..

Well for one, a 7.3 doesn't have an EGR cooler... All of the things you just mentioned are exactly the things my brother has replaced on his 6.0. The 7.3's are entirely different and I know several people who swear by them every bit as much as our cummins'.

Yeah guys..............but it's still a "FURD"!!!! I dunno......I think would go the Isuzu route before a Furd. I drove a '99 crew cab 'stroker to West Palm Beach, FL a few years ago. And although the rig got me there, I didn't know if I would've gone deaf listening to the radio to drown out the engine noise or vise versa had that trip been any longer!!!! That '99 stroker sucked thru the small mountains of KY and TN also as far as mileage and power goes. And that's pulling a small cargo trailer going about 5k pounds!!!

Yeah guys..............but it's still a "FURD"!!!! I dunno......I think would go the Isuzu route before a Furd. I drove a '99 crew cab 'stroker to West Palm Beach, FL a few years ago. And although the rig got me there, I didn't know if I would've gone deaf listening to the radio to drown out the engine noise or vise versa had that trip been any longer!!!! That '99 stroker sucked thru the small mountains of KY and TN also as far as mileage and power goes. And that's pulling a small cargo trailer going about 5k pounds!!!

you went deaf from the stroker and you drive a cummins ? lol c'mon now

• 9 months later...