• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My exhaust manifold has a small crack....doubt there is any way to repair this besides replacement.Anyone have suggetions on what aftermarket manifold to buy? not sure what mods I will end up doing to this truck down the road....nothing to extreme though. Just want somthing that will help it breathe better,won't crack and won't brake the bank

Haven't tried to price a stock one......I just assumed I would eventually see it crack again.

CALL FREIGHTLINER bought one about 3-4 years ago $175.00(OEM Manifold) Have Engine# handy. Use a small grinder to remove any casting slag that causes hot spots to help prevent cracks.

CALL FREIGHTLINER bought one about 3-4 years ago $175.00(OEM Manifold) Have Engine# handy. Use a small grinder to remove any casting slag that causes hot spots to help prevent cracks.

Whats the deal with freightliner and cummins ??? Heard that a couple times but never asked --> as long as you give them engine number they don't check what vehicle its out of and you can get the parts cheaper ?? burb31 - heard of guys patching the manifold if the crack is small enough ......... but you can find them on CF from $50-$100. Shipping may hurt though so then that freightliner deal would be cool.

My exhaust manifold has a small crack....doubt there is any way to repair this besides replacement.

Anyone have suggetions on what aftermarket manifold to buy? not sure what mods I will end up doing to this truck down the road....nothing to extreme though. Just want somthing that will help it breathe better,won't crack and won't brake the bank

I put an ATS "Pulseflow" manifold mine a few months ago when i replaced the turbo. ATS gave me a discounted price on the package which included Aurora 3000 Turbo, Pulseflow Manifold & installation kit w/gaskets... ATS manifolds carry a 5yr./500,000mile replacment warranty & 3yr/150,000mile on There Turbos

I still have my old manifold which is perfect condition if you are interested PM me

Richie

Whats the deal with freightliner and cummins ??? Heard that a couple times but never asked --> as long as you give them engine number they don't check what vehicle its out of and you can get the parts cheaper ?? burb31 - heard of guys patching the manifold if the crack is small enough ......... but you can find them on CF from $50-$100. Shipping may hurt though so then that freightliner deal would be cool.

Freightliner uses the 5.9 in medium duty applications,but can't look up by applications i.e. 99 dodge 3/4 ton,but with engine # they usually stock most parts needed same with Cummins they can't look-up by truck make/model but engine # (posted on the driver side of front cover) save bunch of money over dodge. Cummins also sells to Freightliner cheaper than to retail customers so most times you can save money buying through Freightliner.
  • Like 1

burb31 - heard of guys patching the manifold if the crack is small enough ......... but you can find them on CF from $50-$100. Shipping may hurt though so then that freightliner deal would be cool.

Here's one http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-2nd-gen-all-products/342849-2001-24v-engine-parts-look.html amd $100 shipped http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-2nd-gen-all-products/332809-2nd-gen-24v-exhaust-manifold.html