• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I just adjusted the valves on my new head for the first time and noticed all the rockers hold oil. Before it would about 3-4 rockers would hold oil and the rest would be empty.My thought was they should leak down if they had good flow. But all rockers held oil thru the entire valve adj.These are the original rockers on the same pedalstal's.The only diff. I can think of is all new valve springs, would that cause them to hold oil if the springs where holding more pressure?Hey Mike new pump from chip came in yesterday, took long enough.lol I sure didnt wont to go thru the explanation of the clear line again.lmaoMerry Xmas

What do you mean? You mean the very top little valley where the oil hole is and the oil slowly drips down onto the valve springs? I wouldn't think that would hardly leak down at all. I know mine always has oil there. If you want to check if its plugged just wipe all the oil off and leave the valve cover off and start the truck and watch it, oil should come out that hole. Not much will come out, it will be just enough to put enough oil over the hole to make it look like there isn't a hole there.

What do you mean? You mean the very top little valley where the oil hole is and the oil slowly drips down onto the valve springs? I wouldn't think that would hardly leak down at all. I know mine always has oil there. If you want to check if its plugged just wipe all the oil off and leave the valve cover off and start the truck and watch it, oil should come out that hole. Not much will come out, it will be just enough to put enough oil over the hole to make it look like there isn't a hole there.

Wont there be oil all over everything with valve cover off? I can see the rockers with no tension from valve springs leaking down, or viceaversa. But yea all the valleys where full during valve adjustment. I just found it strange because before they would all leak down and these are the same rockers on the new head. Never mind I wont mess with mother nature. We all know what happens when you mess with mother nature.LOL You end up putting injection pump #6 on your truck, or is it 7?

I think this will answer all your questions. Might have been a few stray drops when I revved it up.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIF4Nv0ullI

I think this will answer all your questions. Might have been a few stray drops when I revved it up.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIF4Nv0ullI

thank you for the video.:drool:

--- Update to the previous post...

and 24 valve rockers look different to..just fyi.

and 24 valve rockers look different to..just fyi.

I have messed with a 24V before..was only trying to show that oil doesn't shoot out like a power washer. But if you want to compare apples to apples just look at Mike's valve adjustment page, his are still full of oil, some of them anyways. http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/valve-adj/valve-adj.htm
  • Like 1

Help me ?? I was helping him ........ he didn't even know where the battery's were - he thought they were in the bed of the truck like his 12v :clap: He's a great video-ographer ........ but not so much use on the end of a wrench :lmao2: (I might have this story back to front - but I am going to stick with this version if thats ok with all) :) haha :thumbup2: [ON a serious note - that guy [isx/ryan] can do around 10 things whilst I finish thinking about the 1st --- so damn quick --- yowza]