• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So, i have just installed my new APPS that i received in the mail the other day. Everything checked out fine, truck idles smooth, CEL turned off, and everything except, i cycled the ignition for the heck of it and noticed all 3 codes i had listed before are still there. My questions are...- Am i back to square one?- Do i need to manually reset the codes?- Will these codes reset over time by themselves?Any help is appreciated.Thanks,Dave

• Owner

Did you clear the codes after fixing the problem (replacing the APPS sensor)? Yes you got to hook up a code reader and reset all the codes after a repair. Now disconnecting the battery will not clear the codes. But thinking of that did you re-calibrate the new APPS sensor after installing? Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes then hook back up. Turn the key to ON (without starting) push the throttle down slowly and and let it up slowly then shut the key off... Calibrated...

• Owner

I thought that after an amount of time if the ecm does'nt detect the same problem the codes were erased,might be wrong through.

Yes your right... But you need 40 warm up cycles. (Engine going from cold to 160*F) So you need to do 40 warm up cycles without tripping the same error again during these warm up cycles other than that the counter resets to ZERO and you get to start all over again. Hence the problem isn't fixed.

Yes your right... But you need 40 warm up cycles. (Engine going from cold to 160*F) So you need to do 40 warm up cycles without tripping the same error again during these warm up cycles other than that the counter resets to ZERO and you get to start all over again. Hence the problem isn't fixed.

Yes, certaintly is good piece of information.

--- Update to the previous post...

Has anyone else installed a Timbo APPS on their own truck?

If so, how is the new one compared to the old factory one?

Mine seems not as responsive as the factory one, or am i just going crazy?

• Owner

Yes, certaintly is good piece of information.

--- Update to the previous post...

Has anyone else installed a Timbo APPS on their own truck?

If so, how is the new one compared to the old factory one?

Mine seems not as responsive as the factory one, or am i just going crazy?

I've got one on my truck... It should be just the same as the factory one...

So you having issues with a little too much slack at the idle position right. You press and press and then it comes to life. What you do is use the set screw to take up the slack. Hook up your DVM again and tighten the set screw till voltage rises then back off to the same voltage at you start point. Then add 1/2 turn your done... So if your start voltage is .620 the tighten till it rises then back off till you hit .620 again the add 1/2 turn lossen the screw your done...

When I first did it, my voltage was at .613. What I did was (this is what I understood from the instructions) I turned the set screw until voltage started to rise, which at that point of course, voltage was at .614. I proceeded to back off half a turn and ended up with .637, and that's what it's sitting at now.

I haven't been able to do this yet, but it didn't click in my head until I started thinking about thoroughly. I don't have the "step on it a couple time and it comes to life issue", or at least not yet. There's no slack there. After installation I took it for a drive and it ran fine, I think it might just be me, I get real detailed and think I notice a slight change in anything. Throttle pedal feels different, but again, it could just be me.