• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another Hi from Texas

BobCat

Hi Forum!Just joined this morning. Been reading as much as I can - had to replace the evaporator coil and heater core and was ignorant of A/C (obviously did not grow up here in Texas). Read as much as I could find on the internet, wound up here, seems like a great place to be.Just got the truck running. Starts, cools, heats, but it has been raining all morning and too muddy by the barn to back it out, I'll get it stuck.Thanks for letting me join and read. I hope to be able to contribute some knowledge, but truthfully y'all seem to have more of that than I do.Regards,Andrew

Welcome to the Forum!It's great to hear we have solved some of your issues. All of the people here have different talents so we always got the bases covered. If you got any questions, post away. Someone will help you in short order in most cases. Nice mileage on your 12V as well! Earning it's keep :lol:

welcome. you will enjoy it here and sooner or later someone is going to ask a question you can answer. it happened to me and i was dumb as a rock when i got here.

--- Update to the previous post...

Welcome to the forum!!!

Enjoy your stay.

Ask any question and someone may be able to answer it.

Anybody know the winning lotto numbers?????????

br549

• Owner

Welcome to the site... :thumb1:

Welcome to the forum!!! Enjoy your stay. Ask any question and someone may be able to answer it. Anybody know the winning lotto numbers?????????

Good luck... :spend: Like you'll find we are just a great group of guys looking to keep our trucks rolling... 400K milestone it quite the haul! Nice work!

Thank you all.I am in awe of this truck. I grew up at a time when a car / pickup with 100,000 miles on it was worn out. Not just "needs valves and rings"... flat worn out.My friend who was in the Coast Guard told me years ago, "That's a 370 horsepower marine diesel in your truck, downrated to 165 hp with a small injector pump. It's designed to run 3/4 throttle for hours on end. That Cummins engine will still be running when your Dodge truck rusts away and falls off."Well, the Dodge has been almost as durable as the Cummins, and I'm delighted and awed. I can't sell it, I need to know how far it will go.One thing I'd do if I had time and sense is to put an accumulator and a pump - electric or hand - in the oil system. I hate waiting the 2-3 seconds for oil pressure to show after starting the engine, and I think that's when most of the real damaging wear happens. With an accumulator and the right valves, it would have oil pressure as soon as the key was turned to "on", through startup, and re-charging the accumulator (the pump is only for if it looses it's charge sitting too long).Anyway, with your help I will keep it running well past when they run me off from work to make room for younger, less experienced help. Then it will be trips to the range, autoparts, and grocery store, no more 100-mile round trip commute.Thanks for the welcome!Regards,Andrew

Thank you all. I am in awe of this truck. I grew up at a time when a car / pickup with 100,000 miles on it was worn out. Not just "needs valves and rings"... flat worn out. My friend who was in the Coast Guard told me years ago, "That's a 370 horsepower marine diesel in your truck, downrated to 165 hp with a small injector pump. It's designed to run 3/4 throttle for hours on end. That Cummins engine will still be running when your Dodge truck rusts away and falls off." Well, the Dodge has been almost as durable as the Cummins, and I'm delighted and awed. I can't sell it, I need to know how far it will go. One thing I'd do if I had time and sense is to put an accumulator and a pump - electric or hand - in the oil system. I hate waiting the 2-3 seconds for oil pressure to show after starting the engine, and I think that's when most of the real damaging wear happens. With an accumulator and the right valves, it would have oil pressure as soon as the key was turned to "on", through startup, and re-charging the accumulator (the pump is only for if it looses it's charge sitting too long). Anyway, with your help I will keep it running well past when they run me off from work to make room for younger, less experienced help. Then it will be trips to the range, autoparts, and grocery store, no more 100-mile round trip commute. Thanks for the welcome! Regards, Andrew

I wondered about the same thing with the prestart oil pressure. Here is my thread on it. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/3084-Electric-Oil-Pump

900k miles, cool! I'll read the link as soon as I get some time.ISX, I'll read the link you posted too. Obviously the idea of getting the oil pressure up before starting the engine is not original to me, it just seemed like something I ought to have followed up on.There is quite a lot to read here and I may just be layin' back in the weeds absorbing info for a while.Regards,Andrew

Thanks!East Bernard - about 45 miles West of Houston.If I have no commercial interest is it ok to put in a plug for a business? Vincek's Smokehouse has the best beef jerky, and among the best bbq around, and they are right on Highway 60 in East Bernard.Regards,Andrew