• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I think with a reader I can get feedback on my laptop but I don't know exactly how it would work. I would think I could see the exact numbers for all of my guages along with IAT info. I am not sure though. The 1997+ all had OBDII on them I just don't know what I can monitor, anyone got an idea? I was thinking of getting this http://www.laplogger.com/products.shtml?fily=wired_usb

I have a OBDII ELM327 USB reader that I use with my laptop. With my truck I can monitor RPM, Vehicle speed, IAT, and Engine coolant temp, although the engine coolant temp always reads 150*C so its pretty useless, could just be that my ECT sensor is bad but then again the dash gauge works so who knows.:shrug:

I actually just want a digital RPM gauge.. I wonder if I could make my digital EGT do that. Supposedly it can be programmed to do anything, but then I have no EGT gauge.. Maybe there is some cheap digital display that will read it somewhere.

Says on the site it supports the 9141-2 standard. Further down it states that it doesn't support the 9141-1 standard e.g. older v.w. and audi and such standards.Is there 2 different 9141 protocols? I know our trucks use the 9141. Or correct me if I'm wrong...