• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Repairing a 53 Block

Every thing I have read and seen on the lock and stitch method is very spotty with few long term positive results on the blocks. Most have developed a leak again even after the stitch. Problem being is that blocks still flex a bit and expand and contract so in short once its cracked I would not waste any time or money on it. I have seen articles on people who have looked inside the coolant passages of these blocks and found in pretty much every case that a small crack exposed on the outside it always a lot bigger inside the block what you see externally is just a fraction of the crack.Kind of like the pencil holder crack on the outside but on the inside you find:moon: