• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Shifting in and out of 4wd speed?

carden joints are rebuildable, but not cheap, comparatively speaking. When they start to go bad, it sounds like angry sparrows under the truck, which then evolves into a notchy feeling in the driveline. Left alone, they will eventually bind to a point where it'll stop turning, thus blowing apart. I, too, have seen them rip a tcase apart once it locked up.I've rebuilt them in my old rock-crawlers, but it's a beotch.. you'll have to be creative, if you have standard run-of-the-mill tool selection.

Well as an update while driving back into town for my afternoon class, I tried kicking it into 4wd at 45-55 mph and it did fine. I kicked it in and out about 2 or 3 times in different places and it worked great!! Much nicer knowing that I can do with without any strange noises or anything!!:hyper::thumb1:And white, I do the same thing, every once and while I'll kick it into 4 hi and 4 lo just to keep everything working well. Sometimes I'll just kick it into 4 lo pulling into the yard just to do it. Plus it makes backing a trailer a lot easier!!:lmao:

I had a samurai rock crawler, back in the day. chevette diesel swap with 5speed. Samurai tcase, 4.16:1 4LO, 5.88 diffs, locked on 32 x 10.50s. 2nd gear, 4LO, I could get out, walk beside it, and still read the warning label on the tires.. LOL4LO-1st gear, it's dang-near idle up a redwood tree..