• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Posi Lock Cable

well i found some dry road and gave it a try and i cant tell any difference at all in the steering with the tcase in 4hi. so i guess the next step is to jack the truck front and back and try it in 2 wheel and 4 wheel and see if the front tires turn.:banghead:

Yeah if you didn't notice it on dry pavement than your 4wd isn't working... does your heater and cruise control work fine? Just wondering if your vac line has come off the pump?:shrug:

Yeah if you didn't notice it on dry pavement than your 4wd isn't working... does your heater and cruise control work fine? Just wondering if your vac line has come off the pump?:shrug:

Heater works great, cruise has never worked ever since i got it.

--- Update to the previous post...

I'd venture to say that it's not engaging, then.

I think your right the tcase shifts great and seems as if its working fine, i guess the quickest way to make sure its working or not is to jack the truck up and just try it in the air!!!:banghead: the good point it did pretty damn good in the snow the other day and night in just 2WD with the posi.:lmao:

Heater works great, cruise has never worked ever since i got it.

--- Update to the previous post...

I think your right the tcase shifts great and seems as if its working fine, i guess the quickest way to make sure its working or not is to jack the truck up and just try it in the air!!!:banghead: the good point it did pretty damn good in the snow the other day and night in just 2WD with the posi.:lmao:

As long as the heater works on things other than defrost? Then it could be a vac line with a hole in it, or the accuator just went bad. They are about $100.:spend:

well basically the only way you could have it is to have the posi lock cable. what we are referring to is actully leaving the front end disconnected and putting the tcase in LO range then you have the advantage of the LO gearing and slow speed to back up a trailer or anything else that comes to mind while having the ease of steering with out fighting the "true" four wheel drive! i hope i explained that ok.

well basically the only way you could have it is to have the posi lock cable. what we are referring to is actully leaving the front end disconnected and putting the tcase in LO range then you have the advantage of the LO gearing and slow speed to back up a trailer or anything else that comes to mind while having the ease of steering with out fighting the "true" four wheel drive! i hope i explained that ok.

Yep, just 2 wheel drive low range.:thumb1:

That's kind of what I thought, just needed a confirmation. Thanks to all for the explanations. I'll have to wait on the cable, though, as given my recent experiences with the cold here in Flagstaff, I believe an aftermarket fuel pump would be more prudent first.

With p/n 1100 the CAD would be engaged all the time and you don't want that if you drive on the road because you'd get wheel hop/bucking around every turn and it would probably cause something to break sooner or later. The only application you'd want to use p/n 1100 for would be a strictly off-road use only vehicle. If you want you can also make your own posi lock cable, I found this write up through another forum a while back and saved it in-case my articulator ever stopped working. The Writeup is for a jeep but our axles work exactly like there's do. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/home-made-posi-lock-write-up-595515/