• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Posi Lock Cable

BJY thats a pretty good setup! are you still running this? And also correct me if I'm wrong but if i run the 1100 kit that makes my axle the same as the 02 models right?

I think it would. But the only down side is you couldn't have 2Lo with that unit so I'm not sure how much you would gain from it.:shrug:

BJY thats a pretty good setup! are you still running this? And also correct me if I'm wrong but if i run the 1100 kit that makes my axle the same as the 02 models right?

I haven't run that setup, but I'm going to be because the other day I found out that my CAD doesn't lock-in any more so I'm going to be doing that setup here when I get the chance. I guess it would seem like it would make it like an 02 axle but I'm not sure. I'll have to go out and figure out a way to lock my axle in and see what it does without the transfer case in 4wd.

Well I took the articulator/CAD cover off and locked my axle in and tested it somewhat. In 4wd it bucked quite a bit which was expected, In 2wd it seemed like maybe there was a little binding getting close to full lock but I can't really be sure because the driveway is pretty icy and I couldn't take it out on the road because the power company is working out there and has our drive blocked in for now.

OK an update to this post I was completely committed to purchasing this kit but I got a couple of free hours this morning and went out to the ol pick and started jacking with it. What I found was the NV271 tcase that I am running has the vacuum switch out of the original 241 case in it. I am certain that either the switch is bad or the 271 does not have the internals to make contact with the switch. So i bypassed the vacuum switch and I now have 4WD. So I'm going to run it this way at least until spring when I can actually get under the truck without snow on the ground and fix it properly.

OK an update to this post I was completely committed to purchasing this kit but I got a couple of free hours this morning and went out to the ol pick and started jacking with it. What I found was the NV271 tcase that I am running has the vacuum switch out of the original 241 case in it. I am certain that either the switch is bad or the 271 does not have the internals to make contact with the switch. So i bypassed the vacuum switch and I now have 4WD. So I'm going to run it this way at least until spring when I can actually get under the truck without snow on the ground and fix it properly.

At least you figured out the problem man. Kinda strange that someone swapped in a NV271 though!:ahhh:

yes i think what i would like to do is find a 2 way toggle switch and just plumb it into the cab so i can activate the cad then shift the tcase. if you know of anything i could use let me know. thanks Winslow.

Wonder if a person could use the 2 lo kit and modify it a little to work for that?:shrug:https://genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BD-1030703

• 3 weeks later...

I put a posi lok on a 99 that I used to have, To clear a few questions up, No there will be absolutely no bind from leaving the axle engaged as long as your in 2wd with the transfercase, don't matter if you are on dry pavement. 2nd thing I will say is it was super nice for the lo 2wd option for backing campers or whatever into a tight spot, that was the only reason I did it. 1 big downfall for me (us) was that we lived on a mile of dirt (no gravel) and when it rained or snowed my wife would usually drive the Dodge and she would always fight the posi lock to get it engaged or sometimes disengaged. I would sometimes just stop and back up or even turn side to side, kind of like the old 81 chevys with the auto locking hubs, it was just bound up and wouldnt always shift in/out real easy, then the next time no problem at all. It didn't bother me at all but trying to explain to her what was happening was a no go. I think it is a good setup, just not real user friendly for people unfamiliar with them.

• Like 1