• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

As The JL Welding World Turns

jlwelding

Man I can get you a 12 valve, there everywhere down here. I have no clue what the h--- is the deal with 24 valves. If you fine one, and I mean one they wont 5k for it.:lmao2:I found a HO motor stripped of everything but vp, they wont 2250.00 for it and 200k on the clock. I found a SO at the same junk yard and it was out of there yard truck with 335k and wont 2k for it.I found this 53 motor with a cracked block and felt lucky:ahhh: they only wanted 750.00 for it.I am looking at the lock n stitch method, it sounds pretty easy.

Man I can get you a 12 valve, there everywhere down here. I have no clue what the h--- is the deal with 24 valves. If you fine one, and I mean one they wont 5k for it.:lmao2:I found a HO motor stripped of everything but vp, they wont 2250.00 for it and 200k on the clock. I found a SO at the same junk yard and it was out of there yard truck with 335k and wont 2k for it. I found this 53 motor with a cracked block and felt lucky:ahhh: they only wanted 750.00 for it. I am looking at the lock n stitch method, it sounds pretty easy.

I've heard that the lock n stitch doesnt work all that well but I've only read that on CF, so take it for what its worth.:shrug: I can look around up here but I dont know what the shipping would cost or who you would go through. But i'll give it a look see.

I've heard that the lock n stitch doesnt work all that well but I've only read that on CF, so take it for what its worth.:shrug: I can look around up here but I dont know what the shipping would cost or who you would go through. But i'll give it a look see.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking it's a little to much but I like the support bar they put on the block. Not because it holds the block together but because the extra metal gives off heat transfer. The only reason the block cracks is the expansion is so much greater in the thin area the rest of the meatal cant grow with it fast enough thus a crack forms. I found a guy that has a 53 block with 500k and no crack, he plugs it in when temp gets below 50-60 degrees, plus the heater is on the same side as where the block likes to crack.:smart:

You need to get hold of Chris Snyder. He always has a pile of engines and or rigs he would part out for and engine. He is out of Iowa and he is on many many forums as CSnyder Here is a link to his business. http://www.ramboyz.com/ As for the already cracked 53 block I posted a why to stay away in another thread you had and why the lock and stitch or any other outer superficial fix will not last. In short the crack you see on the outside is a fraction the size of the crack on the inside of the block.