• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I was driving down the road last night and heard a big bang. I thought by the sound that I hit an animal. The truck seemed to loose power after that. Today I noticed that there is tranny fluid coming out the front of the tranny by the torque converter. Can anyone give me some insight as to what could have broke or gone wrong.:doh:

I was driving down the road last night and heard a big bang. I thought by the sound that I hit an animal. The truck seemed to loose power after that. Today I noticed that there is tranny fluid coming out the front of the tranny by the torque converter. Can anyone give me some insight as to what could have broke or gone wrong.:doh:

Drop the pan and have a look. Not sure if you could have damaged the pump. Start with pan and upload pics

• Owner

Sounds familar... Mom's old 1976 Dodge PowerWagon did the same thing I blew the front seal but what caused it was a failed input shaft bearing mind you what I'm comparing to is a 727 trans from long ago to the 47RE... Needless to say I replaced the seal which was cheap ($5) and had it blow out again in a short order...:doh: