• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Blizzard.............Real Deal Here

dorkweed

Dudes, I've never seen it snow so hard for so long now.When I got up the AM, it was snowing. Twas snowing when I drove to work, and it was still snowing when I got home about 1:15PM. 1:16PM I started shoveling about 5-6" of "lake effect" snow...........however about 5 minutes into the job, the snow stopped. I finished shoveling the drive and the deck.........so I went and got some "adult beverages"!!!Fast forward 1.5 hours...........started snowing real, real hard, and hasn't let up at all. The wind is out of the NE off Lake Michigan.............40-50mph gusts!!!! It's just dumping snow on the West side of my house like you wouldn't believe!!! I'm estimating that there's about 4+ feet of snow on the stoop in front of my front door!!!!! I can only see the neighbors yard lights it's snowing so hardI'll take plenty of pix in the AM. Gotta let the dogs out...........gotta watch them to make sure they find their way back!!!!:duh:

Dudes, I've never seen it snow so hard for so long now. When I got up the AM, it was snowing. Twas snowing when I drove to work, and it was still snowing when I got home about 1:15PM. 1:16PM I started shoveling about 5-6" of "lake effect" snow...........however about 5 minutes into the job, the snow stopped. I finished shoveling the drive and the deck.........so I went and got some "adult beverages"!!! Fast forward 1.5 hours...........started snowing real, real hard, and hasn't let up at all. The wind is out of the NE off Lake Michigan.............40-50mph gusts!!!! It's just dumping snow on the West side of my house like you wouldn't believe!!! I'm estimating that there's about 4+ feet of snow on the stoop in front of my front door!!!!! I can only see the neighbors yard lights it's snowing so hard I'll take plenty of pix in the AM. Gotta let the dogs out...........gotta watch them to make sure they find their way back!!!!:duh:

That's exactly what I got. I'll get pics and we can compare :lol:

Here's a few pix for y'all. I got my deck in back shoveled. When I first tried to open my garage door, I couldn't. I had to put some "oomph" into it. Got opened and I'm staring at a 4.5 foot vertical wall of snow!!! I took these from inside my house.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2472[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2473[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2474[/ATTACH]

That is a lot of snow! I wish we would have got more snow from this storm that went through but we got mostly ice, Theres about 1in. of ice covering our whole driveway and about 1/2in. covering everything else. Roads are under a level 3 so there's no going anywhere for me even if I could get out of my driveway.

post-10366-138698175365_thumb.jpg

post-10366-138698175371_thumb.jpg

post-10366-138698175381_thumb.jpg

I've been plowing with the tractor for 3 hours straight. Finally got my driveway done, even did 1/4 mile of the road (my house to grandpa's). He was out there in his tractor, about the same size as ours only his has a cab. I asked if it was warm in there and he said it was so hot he had to turn the heat down. Ours doesn't have a cab :doh: I shoulda traded him tractors. He goes so slow on that thing. I was plowing the road backwards at 15mph on ours, was the only way to get the 2ft worth to not bunch up to the point of stopping the tractor. Eventually I couldn't tell where the edge of the road was and I took it off into the ditch, right in front of gramps :lol: I coulda got out using the front end loader but he had a chain on it and pulled it right out. So now instead of the road having a constant 2ft on it, the road is down to the pavement with 4ft banks on each side. There are no plowed roads whatsoever right now. All in all, if I had a tractor with a heated cab, I could care less how much it snowed :hyper: Ok maybe a bigger tractor as well.

The little brown dog is actually "high centered" in the first picture. 2nd picture is Daddy and daughter visiting the neighbors beagles.............rotten little dogs them beagles!!!:duh:[ATTACH=CONFIG]2486[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2487[/ATTACH]

wholly shmolly batman I hope you guys make it !!!! Thats some crazy stuff :) Everyone needs a snow plow with a 5.9 behind it today !!!

What'd y'all get???!!! I'm curious, because I'm gonna be down in the "bootheal" the last weekend of this month. We're gonna try to shoot some snow geese!!!! This heavy snow will make the geese stay South a bit longer than normal........hopefully we slay them this year!!

• Owner

Man I fixed water lines all day. How do yall keep water lines from breaking? :shrug: I left them running just not enough .:mad: And I am in Tx

Ummm... All of valves are 4 foot under ground below the frost line... Like in my shop I've got a few pipes out ther going to the water heater. I draped a plastic drop cloth over the water heater and threw my over-alls on top of that... Then the pipes are also rapped with heat tape too.. Then like this morning I'll take the truck out and warm up (after unhitching the trailer) and the park it in the shop warm and them plug in the block heater this will keep the shop right at 32-35*F... Why waste the block heater heat... I keep my pipes warm with it..:lmao2:

Sheila's photos

Posted Image

Sheila plowing

Posted Image

nearly 12 inches on railing... one night

Posted Image

JD backhoe in hybernation

Posted Image

our house view from the driveway

Posted Image

Storm on top of storm

Posted Image

Our yard

Posted Image ATV overwhelmed with snow

Posted Image

My car

Posted Image

Took a bit to dig the backhoe out

Posted Image

John Deere 410

Posted Image

JD Tire chains... old school traction...

Posted Image

JD Kirk, grandson at controls

Yes, I built the porch myself... when others told me it couldn't be done. 20+ years later, it's still on the house. The top of the triangle frame is SS bolted through the house floor joists (doubled & blocked inside). The bottom is lagged into the sill plate (except for the far left which has anchors set into the wall. The deck platform is a separate part, spaced off the siding by a half inch.