• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Check the ground on it too.:thumb1:

Think i found problem,this plugs into MAP and routes through edge unit and Map to ECM Plug connects to edge(thats what must advance timing/fool boost code) other plug(not shown) connects to data link from harness to supply power.One wire between MAP plug to MAP to Edge has no continuity:pray:this is the problem.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2509[/ATTACH]

does it have a removeable end plate like the edge juice? if so there are some led lights behind that, those will tell you if something is wrong with the unit or somewhere else.

It does but only has jumpers to change power setting,no LED lights. actually plugged my Hypertech back after disconnecting the Edge,seat of pants not much difference.I had run original injectors to 780k replaced with some RV275 and plugged in the Edge(after deprogramming the Hypertech back to stock)but really don't feel a big difference.:shrug:

I had an EZ Edge for a while. If it has the removable pins for power adjustments,look for a loose plastic piece behind the cover of the unit.(2 screws) I moved the plastic do-da's depending when I towed and what not. I had to spread the pins a tad so the plastic do da's held firm. I used curved pliers to spread the pins. Since I have an '03,I didn't have a power wire nor ground to hood up. If you need instructions,you can go to Edge.com and download there,they also have helpful tech dept to answer any question.

PM me if anybody is interested in an Edge Mileage Max.

• Like 1

Think i found problem,this plugs into MAP and routes through edge unit and Map to ECM Plug connects to edge(thats what must advance timing/fool boost code) other plug(not shown) connects to data link from harness to supply power.One wire between MAP plug to MAP to Edge has no continuity:pray:this is the problem.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2509[/ATTACH]

Well it sounds like your onto something now! good luck man!

Well it sounds like your onto something now! good luck man!

Took off shrink wrap,that wire goes back into unit:cry:Edge e-mailed me back to try different jumper settings to narrow it down.Probly have to send it in,then buy a new one at discounted price.Try to milk them for the best deal through:evilgrin:,use the Hypertech is just as good ploy(which seat of pants it is),hope nobody on here works for them:whistle:

Took off shrink wrap,that wire goes back into unit:cry:Edge e-mailed me back to try different jumper settings to narrow it down.Probly have to send it in,then buy a new one at discounted price.Try to milk them for the best deal through:evilgrin:,use the Hypertech is just as good ploy(which seat of pants it is),hope nobody on here works for them:whistle:

I would suggest talking to Mark Hayward over at Edge he is a great guy and he helped me out big time when the turbo timer went out in my juice.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

does it have a removeable end plate like the edge juice? if so there are some led lights behind that, those will tell you if something is wrong with the unit or somewhere else.

Does'nt have any LEDS just a jumper to switch.But i did finally get around to testing the data connector for Voltage and had none,futher inspection found broken wire.Sure going to be a pain to get a short piece of wire soldiered on in that location:mad:,finding a pin should be no problem.

I had run original injectors to 780k replaced with some RV275 and plugged in the Edge(after deprogramming the Hypertech back to stock)but really don't feel a big difference.:shrug:

I'll be honest - I could tell no difference with my RV275's. Thats why I switched to +75. I did notice them. I picked up around 1-2 mpg on the RV275's. I picked up around the same with the +75's. I have lost 0.5mpg-1mpg around city - which I attribute to stomping on it more with the extra 75 ponies when I am not cruising. So ...... for mileage RV275's probably best. For balance of power and mileage = +75 CPP. :2cents:

I'll be honest - I could tell no difference with my RV275's. Thats why I switched to +75. I did notice them. I picked up around 1-2 mpg on the RV275's. I picked up around the same with the +75's. I have lost 0.5mpg-1mpg around city - which I attribute to stomping on it more with the extra 75 ponies when I am not cruising. So ...... for mileage RV275's probably best. For balance of power and mileage = +75 CPP. :2cents:

I think the big reason i felt such a difference was the fact that i had 780k on my injectors,any NEW injectors would have made a big increase in power.:cool:

Does'nt have any LEDS just a jumper to switch.But i did finally get around to testing the data connector for Voltage and had none,futher inspection found broken wire.Sure going to be a pain to get a short piece of wire soldiered on in that location:mad:,finding a pin should be no problem.

Bought me a new pin and weather proof plug,soldiered new wire in shrink wrapped up,Edge working now.:hyper: