• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Transfer Flow fuel tank/tool box question

I have one of the 50 gallon aux fuel tank/toolbox units in the truck. Got it used off of Craigslist and really like it.Now one thing is that I still have not gotten around to hooking the electrics up on the critter. Does anyone know if there is any way to bypass all the electronics that come with it and just put power to the pump and pump the fuel into the main tank? We hooked up the fuel tank lines when installing it but frankly had spent enough time under the truck already when doing the Raptor lift pump and did not get into the wiring from the fuel level sending gauge on the main tank that the TF computer needs to work. Everything else appears to be pretty straight forwards on the hookup. Would love to just flip a switch and transfer whatever fuel is in the tank to the main but do not know of a way to do this. Thought there used to be a forum or bulletin board on the Transfer Flow website but cannot find it so guessing that they took it down.Thx,Joe

• Owner

Really isn't any way to do that... Because if you forget to flip it off it will over fill the tank and push it out the vents and such...

You need a split tank valve (electric) and hook the aux tank to the existing fuel lines... Then just flip a switch and draw fuel from the second tank.

Yeah this says carb... I snagged from a gasser site. But this is the valve you need...

Posted Image

Look up Dually Depot in Elkhart IN.What mike is showing does'nt have ports for fuel return to proper tank(don't want to draw from aux tank and return to main tank)I think the one i have has 5 or 6 ports,and a switch mounted under my dash to switch tank(and signal for fuel gauge).Some guys used to run aux tank line into overflow port of main tank,just needed to make sure cap was on tight,when fuel gauge started to move you knew you were using fuel from main tank(aux tank was empty).:2cents:

• 1 month later...

Digging up an old thread. If anyone has a TransferFlow fuel tank/toolbox combo in their truck, there IS a way around the computer that controls the system.Not that my computer was having any problems, I just had not had time to hook all the wiring up and was not going to have time to do so in the time before my trip. Had to drive from Phoenix to the Gilroy area in California, then back the next day, a trip of about 1500 miles. Called TransferFlow and talked with one of the tech guys. Funny thing was that he and I were both aircraft mechanics, so we understood each other very well. He told me to ground one set of wires on the harness and to apply 12v to another wire in the harness and this would put me in the "get home" mode with the tank and pump. Tried it and it worked great, with the pump starting right up immediately. Only difficult thing with this is that there is NO safety net while using this. The truck's stock fuel tank is 38 gallons (I believe) and the TransferFlow tank is 50 gallons, so it could easily overflow the stock tank. Its something that you have to keep an eye on, but on this trip worked great and I did not have to add fuel one time the entire journey. Have to really give a pat on the back to the guys at TF as this saved the day!

Yeah, I had a boat customer with a single Perkins TD and twin tanks... The return line went to both but favored one... He could not imagine why the boat was leaning! LOL!! It was a new boat, in warentee so after we found it, the manufactorer sent in people to make the repair.