• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Yeh that nut is on tight but trying to get the bearing out sucks more. What a tech told me is to take out the bolts holding the bearing on and then get some new longer ones and get a air hammer and drive the bearing out that way when I did it I used a brass hammer on the stock bolts and got it out but it sucked:cry:

a good breaker bar will get the nut off. you can loosen the bolts on the hubs, take the socket and put it on a short extension, place the socket on the bolt, have someone turn the steeering wheel slowly and let the extension wedge against the axle. apply presure by turning the wheel. you should be able to see the hub start to seperate from the steering nuckle. keep swaping bolts to push it out slowly. if they have never been changed they will be stuck in there pretty hard. once you break it loose it should come out. if all else fails get a bfh, a bowl of wheaties and dont be afraid to beat the s&!t out of it. you arent going to hurt it. get alot of antisieze compound for reassembly. getting it out is the hard part.

Here is the thread.http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/2963-Wheel-bearings-4x4-3500 I was told to use a air hammer as well.I didnt work.It did destroy the head of the bolt.The bearing didnt move at all.I had to get new ones from the dealer.The guy that told me to use the air hammer said i would put the steering out of alinement if i used the bolt press method.He was wrong twice.I used the power steering to press both sides out.The truck drives the same.