• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Who can beat this for a stupid move

Well today I hauled a load for a friend and had a stressful encounter with a DOT. After we got the issue settled I pulled in at the cardlock for fuel and in my befuddled mindset I put 16.5 gallons of GASOLINE:cookoo::cookoo: The nozzle kicked out and I thought it bubbled kind of funny in the filler pipe so for some reason I smelled the end of the nozzle:cry: That's when I turned around and saw the big GASOLINE word on the bowzer. Luckily the hose from the airdog to the ip was long enough to reach into my empty slip tank in the bed of my truck. I just put a jumper wire in the pump relay plug and let er pump all that conction out and into my slip tank. The other good thing is now I know that my tank holds 35.2 gallons of fuel when the pump sucks air. Lets see what kind of bloopers you guys have made.

I've got that well beat. Changed the oil in my TDI; left the fumoto open. doesn't drain too terribly fast....Dumped in my 5 qts, threw the filter in and drive 20 miles to a poker game at a friend's house no issues.Came out, fired it up and it sounded funny. Couldn't place it..... oil pressure light came on as soon as I pulled onto the road and I quickly placed it. Crawled under far enough to shut the valve, put in the 3 qts I had in the trunk to get home.

Not lately.I was engaged to my ex... things went sour. I married her anyway. Gotta be the bone head move of my lifetime.Another one that comes to mind...I was sent to get parts from the "big city"... I took my 68 RoadRunner. It was pouring. The street drains could not handle the run off. I got back on I95 only to discover a flooded underpass. Water was pouring over the retaining wall like Niagra Falls. The extreem left lane was getting through. I worked my way over there... DUMB MOVE. The guy in front of me did not make it. I was committed... tried to go around him & did not make it. I actually restarted it with water inside over the front seat... but after driving out, I stopped to open the door to let the water out.I was towed off I95. There was water in the oil, transmission, rear end, trunk. The carpets were moldy despite being shop vacced & a dehumifier running in there. I cleaned it up but the rust took hold of the body.

When I was 18 I worked at a Honda and Harley and this customer brought his ct110 in for his 250 mile check up. Which includes oil change, well guess what, you guessed it I forgot to fill with oil.This guy road it home, just shy of making it home he calls eng. died. We go pick it up and I got the a$$ chewing of the centry.We get it back and I start tearing it down, overhauled with .20 over on cylinder two new valves and up in running by the end of the day.:lmao:I have never forgot that day.:smart:

• Staff

Well today I hauled a load for a friend and had a stressful encounter with a DOT. After we got the issue settled I pulled in at the cardlock for fuel and in my befuddled mindset I put 16.5 gallons of GASOLINE:cookoo::cookoo: The nozzle kicked out and I thought it bubbled kind of funny in the filler pipe so for some reason I smelled the end of the nozzle:cry: That's when I turned around and saw the big GASOLINE word on the bowzer. Luckily the hose from the airdog to the ip was long enough to reach into my empty slip tank in the bed of my truck. I just put a jumper wire in the pump relay plug and let er pump all that conction out and into my slip tank. The other good thing is now I know that my tank holds 35.2 gallons of fuel when the pump sucks air. Lets see what kind of bloopers you guys have made.

How about changing oil. Left the plug out went and ate lunch... Got a phone call for a job and had to hurry up to and forgot the plug and poured the first gallon into the waste bucket before I remember the plug was out... :doh: :banghead:

I've got that well beat. Changed the oil in my TDI; left the fumoto open. doesn't drain too terribly fast.... Dumped in my 5 qts, threw the filter in and drive 20 miles to a poker game at a friend's house no issues. Came out, fired it up and it sounded funny. Couldn't place it..... oil pressure light came on as soon as I pulled onto the road and I quickly placed it. Crawled under far enough to shut the valve, put in the 3 qts I had in the trunk to get home.

You boys all got very lucky!

a long time ago (not really, about 11 months ago) me and a buddy of mine were setting the timing in my 12v.. we pulled #1 injector out, and decided to use a long allen socket (Snap On, 5mm x 5" long) down through the injector hole to help find TDC (the tdc plunger was stuck and couldn't get it to work..

Like this:

Posted Image

Low and behold, turning the engine with the barring tool all of a sudden got hard to do. I asked him "is this right?" "Yeah, just turn it.. Here." and he grabs ahold of the ratchet.. 1/4 turn of the ratchet and we here a faint 'tick'...

You guessed it. broke about 1" of the end off of that allen socket..

We spent hours trying to get that 5mm diameter piece out through the 7mm injector hole.. But we did it.. ended up taking a pocket pen magnet, breaking it, and electrical taping it to the end of a coat hanger, and patiently fishing it out.. Only took about 300,000 tries..

I blame it on 20*F temps, and the snow falling on us :whistle:

I was working on a customer's boat... a 28' Trojan Cabin Cruiser, single screw Interceptor engine (Ford 289 V8 blocked). It had excess crankcase pressures. I'd pulled the special (low profile with built in carb leveling wedge) aluminum intake. I found the exhaust cross over burn through & blowing into the valley! I had it welded (obsolete & any replacement would not have cleared the hatch over it) & was reassembling when I got clumsy. I dropped a nut, went through the carberator & disaapeared. I pulled the carb back off. I could not get a pencil magnet far enough down. I found a magnet & taped it to a wire. I traced each runner until I found it... Must have been all the way to the valve, thankfully closed. Scared the bejesus outta me.This one wasn't mine:A customer needed the GM 6-71 pulled out of his boat. We had an off road forklift (tractor tires on the business end) with 10 foot forks and 10 foot negative drop.) We'd put the forks over the bulkhead & hand walk the boat backwards into the lift pier. The long forks could go in under a roof or flying bridge as a "sky hook". In this case the customer freed the engine up put his chains on it. We had a chain fall hunk from the forks... he lifted the motor out of the hold. Once it was above deck, we walked the boat forward until the engine wasn't under the roof... we'd lift again with the fork lift so it would clear the transom. We lifted the motor right up & out, backed over the parting lot. We we creaping forward over his truck, a restored ~1970 pickup. The engine was over the bed but the reverse gear was still over the gate when his chain on the reverse gear failed. It mushed that tailgate pretty good. Fortunately, no one was under it. Who'd have thought a chain would fail? Well it did. Felt bad for him... A month later we put the engine back in for him... truck had a mis-matched tailgate on it.