• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have the overhead info panel. What is it you want to know?

Trying to find out, which one I have, if any, in my '01. I have only the standard map lights, sunglass holder now, wondering if there may me a connector installed that might work with the evic system

There's 2 types of overheads:.

OTIS (Overhead Traveling Information System)

EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center)

OTIS has two versions: 1 with Homelink and 1 without Homelink

OTIS modules have the name of the buttons written on the console underneath the actual button.

EVIC modules ALWAYS have Homelink buttons, but they are also capable to telling you other stuff like low washer fluid, they can allow you to program your horn, lights, etc. It's a really nice module - BUT here's where th BCM comes in (and I don't have enough info about the BCM and the EVICs to know for sure): I have read on the internet that you might have a BCM that cannot talk to an EVIC. If that's the case, you might get some funny actions coming from the module readout.

--- Update to the previous post...

He is asking if his truck has the wiring in place to get the display on his truck and what it would take to make things work.

Yeah, what he said.....

From what I understand, every truck should have all the wiring preinstalled. Yet, I am not sure. The only way to know is to take the overhead console down and check.

I'm going to look in the morning, after I work on my wifes S-10, trans. problems... got the parts in today. Will let ya'll know what I find.

unless the 99's never had the option of one i can say for certain that there is no harness on my truck matching that description as i have had the headliner and the A/B columns completely off with no trace of the wires described in the schematic for the computer.

• Owner

Something to be aware of that if you plan on modifing the truck at all for power (injectors, power enhancers, etc) the Ovewrhead display will be worthless. Once you modify the truck the calibration of the display will off anf there is no way to re-calibrate it to you new power... Or worse yet you got to return to stock. If you looking for a module that is calibrateable with change power and additions to you truck I would look into getting a ScanGauge II or a UltraGauge... Both can be recalibrated to modification of the engine and display much more information.

Something to be aware of that if you plan on modifing the truck at all for power (injectors, power enhancers, etc) the Ovewrhead display will be worthless. Once you modify the truck the calibration of the display will off anf there is no way to re-calibrate it to you new power... Or worse yet you got to return to stock. If you looking for a module that is calibrateable with change power and additions to you truck I would look into getting a ScanGauge II or a UltraGauge... Both can be recalibrated to modification of the engine and display much more information.

I've got a ScanGauge II, in fact, just got the replacement yesterday from Linear Logic. The original one kept reseting itself to zero, I had to go in and reset the engine size, tank size, etc. The Boost didn't seem to work right, could only get 7.6 on the display for boost at full throtle. Now the new one is showing 15.6 lbs of boost at idle, don't know whats going on. Will have to call them Monday after the visit to the doc. Mike, your the master of the SG, am I missing something or what. The 1st on I had to reset because I set the gallons after my 1st fill up, so started from scratch. At 2nd fill up, set the gallons, then the next day, started it up, whent to check the Avg. MPG, and was at zero. So I called and they sent me a new one.

I've got a ScanGauge II, in fact, just got the replacement yesterday from Linear Logic. The original one kept reseting itself to zero, I had to go in and reset the engine size, tank size, etc. The Boost didn't seem to work right, could only get 7.6 on the display for boost at full throtle. Now the new one is showing 15.6 lbs of boost at idle, don't know whats going on. Will have to call them Monday after the visit to the doc. Mike, your the master of the SG, am I missing something or what. The 1st on I had to reset because I set the gallons after my 1st fill up, so started from scratch. At 2nd fill up, set the gallons, then the next day, started it up, whent to check the Avg. MPG, and was at zero. So I called and they sent me a new one.

I'm not Mike but I'll throw in my 2 cents. When you talk boost are you reading the MAP reading? That will not show 0. Take the number it shows with the engine off and that will be your '0'. It is showing barometric pressure or something so it won't be 0. As for the AVG mpg the one that shows on the main screen is the daily average. After the truck has been shut off for a certain length of time it will reset to 0. I forget exactly where you go but I think it is in the TRIP menu where you can see the avg for the current tank of fuel.

• Owner

The SGII does have a few flaws... Like the MAP sensor value is suppose to be PSIa (atompheric) so at rest with the engine not running the reading should be 14.3 PSI (normal atompheric pressure) but it been know that all 98.5 to 2002 Dodhe mis-report this value and 2003 and up report correctly so this is not a SGII problem its a ECM programming issue. Now as for checking it against my 1996 Dodge Ram the MAP sensor display correctly. Now which value is reseting to ZERO? (Instant, Current MPG, Today MPG, Prev MPG, and/or Total MPG) :shrug: