• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Changing the 2009 6.7 fuel filter.

scubieman

Well turn out I finally replaced the fuel filter in my truck which was not too hard. Besides the fact that dodge switched the DAMN fuel filter housing therefore I need to buy the updated housing and filter. Well 73 dollars later I had the new filter and housing. It was quite simply. Tools needs8MM socket for 8 screws.Pan to drain fuel into2 hands.:duh: Drain fuel - Takes forever.Take fender off- 8 bolts very easy.disconnect WIF sensor and screw the drain line completely off.With your hand twist off the filter.I did take the tire off but because I need off for a different reason which did not busy not necessary. I bought the truck about 1 month ago and found the CV joint in the front drive shaft horrible out. I got in contact with the salesman he said they will cover the cost. Thank god! Sorry no pictures but i can post some next time. I just wanted to get it done this time.

I haven't followed the newer rigs but I have seen 2 newer rigs like yours along side the road with blown up transfer cases already. when the t-case explodes it is usually always due to a bad CV on the front driveline. Looks like they have a issue here. Unless people are not greasing them as I know they went back to greasable cv's in the 3rd gens and most people don't know how or where to grease them. Good to see you caught it before dynomiting the t-case.:thumb1: