• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok... so as i get going down the road, my truck wants to jump in rpm's erratically, and the tranny feels like its surging? the check engine light wasn't on and today i got what some call a "Dead Pedal" the check engine light came on and it snapped right back... it feels like it just doesn't know which gear it should be in? im so confused ive been online looking for days... ive read it could be many things From the TPS, a Torque Converter to a Ground or even a solenoid. Im so confused :banghead:, and I just bought the truck. I have always wanted a cummin's, I just hope I didn't buy a lemon :( PLEASE if anyone has had or heard of this I really need some insight here. Thanks HarringtonPS: I also did the OBII codes and Got P0743,P1693,P1763,P1765 and auto zone got something also related to the TPS... if that helps

YourP0743 - Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid/Trans Relay Circuits P1693 - DTC Detected in PCM/ECM or DTC Detected in ECM ,P1763 - Governor Pressure Sensor Volts Too HI ,P1765 - Trans 12 Volt Supply Relay Ctrl Circuit ,. If it were me,I would head straight back to the stealership and see if they are willing to help. If not,check all the grounds on the truck. Make sure you clean each connection and not just snugging up the bolt ir nut. After that run a load test on your batteries,perhaps you have a bad battery. Look for any cracked,smashed or frawed wires. You might also try disconnecting both batteries for a half hour or so and see if the codes reset. Also try unhooking your Edge power adder and see if the problem goes away. I tried an Edge product before I went with Smarty,the Edge caused some electrrical grimlins to pop up that I couldn't live with. Double check the Edge connections. I don't know much about the older model trucks or trans issues so perhaps someone else can chime in and offer better advice. Electrical issues suck and tend to leave a bad taste in my mouth since I'm not comfortable dealing with them.

You didn't say how long you've had your truck or how many miles are on it. Let folks know about the miles,it may make things easier in the short run. Don't give up,remember you bought an almost 12 yr old truck,issues will show their ugly little head. Good luck-Casey

I think you need to ask the moderators to move your post to the appropriate 2nd generation section if your signature is correct and you have a 2000 Dodge Cummins.

--- Update to the previous post...

I think you need to ask the moderators to move your post to the appropriate 2nd generation section if your signature is correct and you have a 2000 Dodge Cummins.

All that said, a tranny cannot "surge" by itself. Sounds like an engine sensor issue. Most likely the TPS, especially since you said you had the "dead pedal".

• 3 months later...

On some of the 99 and back they had this. They took heavy alum foil and wrapped the starter. You can look this up at TDR if you will. We had to do my boy 99. The transmission was removed 2 times then I found it at TDR and it worked. GOOD LUCK