• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Toyota or Pontiac Sunfire

jlwelding

Ok I have a tough decision, keep my mothers 99 Pontiac Sunfire with 50k miles on it or keep my 02 Toytoa Crolla with 170k. Both are in real good condition. Both need all belts and hoses which ever one I keep. Both have been on Amsoil, eng. and trans.I guess this is like a poll question.

• Owner

I would look at function and mileage... Function would include carrying capacity, comfort, etc. As for the mileage I would choose the lower miled rig because even though it had AMSOil in everything there is still a lot of things that don't see regular lube or maintenance hence why I would take lower miled rig.

Really the only way to decide is what suits YOUR needs best. It doesn't matter what our needs are. If both came up equal on suitability, I'd go with the low mileage. I inherited my Mom's Cirrus with 5 years & 8,000 miles. The only way to recover the value she bought when she purchased is to run it out. It has been & continues to be a good car.

Yea, it's my mother's car she past away back in April. It's hard to decide because both cars are in good shape.And yea I run Amsoil in my lawn mower too.:stuned: Change it every two years. I own 12 gas powered and 3 diesel powered motors. If you put a pencil to it I spend 55 hours a year doing nothing but changing oil. Buy running Amsoil I have cut that time in half.

I had a 1992 Toy pickup for almost 14 years and 400k. I maintained it per the manual and did not cheat on the quality of parts, oil and such. I gave it to the kid next door when I retired because I wanted a retirement truck, my Dodge. It was easy to maintain and gave me the same mileage from start to finish. It impressed us so much, my wife wanted the 4 door pickup as her retirement truck. I believe in Buy American, but you can't beat the Toys.