• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Headlight Problems

A while ago I hit a deer,my Right headlight got busted. I replaced the light and bulb.The high beam light came on and wound not go off of,driving lights and high beams stay on at the same time.I have checked the fuse and they are all good the high beam light does not go off stays on .Does anyone know what the problem could be.I would appreciate it if some one could help me .thanks

• Staff

Sounds to me that you have power feeding the high beam and drive lights at the same time or the dip relay is stuck. In other words a hot (battery voltage) wire is feeding current to the lights. Trace the wire harness from the head lights and drive lights and see what they have in common,IE harness, relay, switches, ect, ect. Inspect the damaged area carefully. A test light, ohm meter, and wire diagram are helpful.

A while ago I hit a deer,my Right headlight got busted. I replaced the light and bulb.

The high beam light came on and wound not go off of,driving lights and high beams stay on at the same time.I have checked the fuse and they are all good the high beam light does not go off stays on .Does anyone know what the problem could be.I would appreciate it if some one could help me .

thanks[/quote

You have the wrong bulb,9007/9004 look the same but are not, you need the 9004.:2cents:

• Like 1

BlueOx caught you...:smart: 9007 is the wrong bulbs...

9004 bulbs are correct...

Posted Image

Thought thats what I said he needs 9004 bulbs,did you miss read?:banghead:

--- Update to the previous post...

Nice job M73M!

Thought I said 9004 was correct,went through this myself,:mad: