• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
eaglesilas

Headlight Problems

A while ago I hit a deer,my Right headlight got busted. I replaced the light and bulb.The high beam light came on and wound not go off of,driving lights and high beams stay on at the same time.I have checked the fuse and they are all good the high beam light does not go off stays on .Does anyone know what the problem could be.I would appreciate it if some one could help me .thanks

sounds like either a short up front, or a possible failure in the turn signal switch assembly.

• Like 1

Sounds to me that you have power feeding the high beam and drive lights at the same time or the dip relay is stuck. In other words a hot (battery voltage) wire is feeding current to the lights. Trace the wire harness from the head lights and drive lights and see what they have in common,IE harness, relay, switches, ect, ect. Inspect the damaged area carefully. A test light, ohm meter, and wire diagram are helpful.

A while ago I hit a deer,my Right headlight got busted. I replaced the light and bulb.

The high beam light came on and wound not go off of,driving lights and high beams stay on at the same time.I have checked the fuse and they are all good the high beam light does not go off stays on .Does anyone know what the problem could be.I would appreciate it if some one could help me .

thanks[/quote

You have the wrong bulb,9007/9004 look the same but are not, you need the 9004.:2cents:

• Like 1

You have the wrong bulb,9007/9004 look the same but are not, you need the 9004.:2cents:

Bulbs 9007,and the wiring are good,no damage.

BlueOx caught you...:smart: 9007 is the wrong bulbs...

9004 bulbs are correct...

Posted Image

BlueOx caught you...:smart: 9007 is the wrong bulbs...

9004 bulbs are correct...

Posted Image

Thought thats what I said he needs 9004 bulbs,did you miss read?:banghead:

--- Update to the previous post...

Nice job M73M!

Thought I said 9004 was correct,went through this myself,:mad:

Blue, you did, and Mike quoted that you did.. :shrug:

thought saying he "caught me" ment I was suggesting 9007's:doh: my bad.