• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Intake question, sucking air in somewhere?

Do the bolts that hold the rear engine lifting bracket on the head go through the intake housing and do they need thread sealer on them?Reason I ask is I just installed the scheid 100 hp injectors and was test driving and looking for leaks and when I spray things down with brake cleaner It is pulling it into the intake when I spray around the # 5-6 injector line/lifting bracket area.Intake cover and manifold area are ok but it is the area behind it that causes it to start sputtering when I hit it with brake cleaner, only thing I could think is if it was following the lifting braket bolts into the intake?Any ideas?