• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Newbie with problems

Greetings all,First time poster on this forum. Have a few problems and wanted to ask you guys for some suggestions.I'm having the following codes pop up:p0215, p0314, p1689, and p1690.I lose tach after engine heats up.Mileage does not seem to be affected.Engine is sluggish.I took battery leads off of drivers side battery and left them off for a couple of hours while I did some work on the truck. After I put everything back together, the check engine light went off and truck ran great ,until engine heated up. Back to same old problems.Should I just bite the bullet and take it to dealer? (cringe)Any suggestions would be great. Thanks,Jeff2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab, 6 sp. HO, no modsJeff

Wewlcome to the Forum!!First the codes:P0215-Fuel injector control circuitP0314-Single Cylinder MisfireP1689-No Communication Between ECM and Injection Pump ModuleP1690-Fuel Injection Pump CKP(crankshaft speed sensor) does not agree with CKP(crankshaft speed sensor) signalFrom these you need to check the wiring to the Crankshaft Speed Sensor. Also need to check the wiring to the injection pump.This will get you a start on the problem.You may need to get a new CKP for your truck in order to clear some of these codes.Others will chime in.

• Like 1

Wewlcome to the Forum!! First the codes: P0215-Fuel injector control circuit P0314-Single Cylinder Misfire P1689-No Communication Between ECM and Injection Pump Module P1690-Fuel Injection Pump CKP(crankshaft speed sensor) does not agree with CKP(crankshaft speed sensor) signal From these you need to check the wiring to the Crankshaft Speed Sensor. Also need to check the wiring to the injection pump. This will get you a start on the problem. You may need to get a new CKP for your truck in order to clear some of these codes. Others will chime in.

Thanks for the reply! The P0341 should have been p0314 which is the camshaft position sensor. I'm hoping against hope that this isn't leading to a VP44 crash. As I stated previously, it still runs but power has greatly diminished. I can see how having a lift pump pressure guage would be a great insurance plan in protecting the injector pump.

• Owner

Greetings all, First time poster on this forum. Have a few problems and wanted to ask you guys for some suggestions. I'm having the following codes pop up: p0215, p0314, p1689, and p1690. I lose tach after engine heats up. Mileage does not seem to be affected. Engine is sluggish. I took battery leads off of drivers side battery and left them off for a couple of hours while I did some work on the truck. After I put everything back together, the check engine light went off and truck ran great ,until engine heated up. Back to same old problems. Should I just bite the bullet and take it to dealer? (cringe) Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, Jeff 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab, 6 sp. HO, no mods Jeff

P0215 http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/2561-P0215-Fuel-Injection-Pump-Control-Circuit P0314 (I need to dig deep for...) P1689 http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/2628-P1689-No-Communication-Between-ECM-and-Injection-Pump-Module P1690 http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/2629-P1690-Fuel-Injection-Pump-CKP-Sensor-Does-Not-Agree-With-ECM-CKP-Sensor I would try working with this information and see where it takes you... I seen more than enough people report back "Opps it was a corroded connector or a broken wire".
  • Like 1

My crank sensor made my tach drop down to nothing & made my truck rattle louder than normal but after a minute or so it went any. It also caused a hard start. When it would hard start the next thing that would happen would be the tach drop thing.If you know the part number I have an extra crank sensor. I bought a new one on EBay it wasn't the right one. It's brand new never installed. $20 bucks plus shipping, Think I have about that in it.Dave

• Like 1

Well I got around to changing the CPS and now my check engine light is off and the truck has it's pep back. Still have the codes popping up but I guess I'll have to run it awhile and hopefully they will clear. The location of this sensor is in one hell of a spot. Just getting the connector off was a real pain. I finally made a small noose out of some sheilded wire and loop it around the clip and pulled it open while I pulled the plug out. Thanks to all those that replied!

Once again, thanks for you and everyone else's help. After going to a local car show where Dodge ,Chevy, and Ford had their 2012 diesel trucks on display (with stickers), this will probably be my last diesel. Prices are unbelieveable. I'm going to try and keep mine as long as possible. With this website, it's more of a reality now.

i would have to agree with you. dont want the payment and i am perfectly happy with what i have. as far as driving this one another ten years this is the place to help make that happen.:smart:

I'm in total agreement w/ you Drip!:thumb1: I'm even thinking last TDC I'll need to buy, I'm driving this one till my a$$ is ashes!:broke: This is a pretty active 24 genII section of M73M's site, w very credible info! For me, keep the rust away, I'm OK!:nono: Thanks guys, Dave