• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Colorado checking in!

CUMMINSDIESELPWR

Hello, everyone!

I ve been a lurker here for a while and figured i have some good input to share and input to learn from by others.

I bought my 2001 cummins 3 years ago, since then i have done alot of work to it including vp44 failure (no hot start) that happened right when i started researching failure points on the truck. I spent 6 hours replacing it, the lift pump and installed an edge juice. It now runs the raptor 150 lift pump, and i have had zero problems since. This site also started me on using 2 stroke oil for lube and it actually made a bit of difference.

I have been wrenching as a hobby/desire to save money by doing it myself since i was 5 or so.

His name is brutus

2001 cummins 4x4 ex cab long bed

handmade front bumper/winchplate with warn 16.5 winch

tiregate for now (will build rear bumper with tire carrier on it)

edge juice with attitude

raptor 150 lift pump idle ~19psi

34" super swampers

nv5600 tranny

much much more...

i will get pics up soon

Randy

--- Update to the previous post...

wonder if my sig shows now

Welcome Randy...

How about some pictures of this beast of a truck?

here ya go in the member rides section

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/4831-Brutus?p=43224#post43224

--- Update to the previous post...

i will be replacing the stock injectors with 85hp industrial injectors, southbend clutch 1947 OFEK so i can handle the power. the stock original clutch is on its last leg and i am forced to drive around on stock setting most of the time. ples the original injectors seem a bit worn and are noisy.

although i may go with the 120hp sticks from industrial injection.

not sure what looks better Brutus or the scenery. i guess they both look preety good to me.

thats mostly wheeler lake in the rockies here, i have taken brutus in so many places people didnt think a fullsize truck could go or do. i even impressed myself! thanks all for the welcomes and compliments!