• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2nd Edge Ez in the Can

I started hearing a louder clatter in my eng about two weeks ago and just blew it off as colder temps in the morning. Well it blew smoke at ambient temp of 65 and when I accellerated it smoked blue a little heavy so went to shop and disconected Edge Ez and no more clatter and no more smoke. What the heck is up with that?Also my boost elbow is still hooked up, I have not thrown any codes yet, should I leave it hooked up or is it defeating it's purpose? The last time I left it hooked up it kept throwing codes.

Yea this is the one they sent in replace of the last one. Cant say anything bad about them they sent the new one right away. The only thing is it set on the shelf for three months while I had trouble with the old motor, then I didnt run it till I was sure this motor was going to hold up and I bet it dont have three months under the hood. And the old one was corroded big time, big 10-4 on the under the hood problem.

Have you contacted edge about it?

Common problems with Edge EZ is that its mounted under the hood it get hot and cold. Then the case isn't sealed very good and I've several get water inside and corrode the circuit board... Edge Comp is mounted in the cab... No issues here...

I've been happy with a used one I bought,but I think I'll make sure it's sealed good against moisture,cause I can see that happening.:thumb1: