• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.

Sign in to follow this  
22george

Front hitch??

Does anyone know if the receiver hitch that came from the factory will fit on the front of the truck? I took it off and put a class V hitch on the rear.Thanks.

You can make a jig and weld one on. I will be doing this in spring. I want to be able to have a built in towbar. If i kill my truck again my buddys can pull me home. What were you planing for yours ?

There is a hitch available specifically for the front of the truck.Bolts in place (no welding required).I had mine mounted there until I installed my winch and then had to remove it because it was in the way of the mounting attachments for my bumper mounted hydraulic winch.

naught + naught = naught, right? or is that naught X naught = naught? where is Jethro when you need him?:shrug:

I had a front hitch on a little Datsun pickup I had & then on the '80 Dodge (slant 6, std) boatyard company pickup. It is much better to maneuver trailers on the front of the truck. Often those who trailer / launch small boats will do so.

Thanks for the info. If I can't figure out how to adapt it I will have to break down and buy one. My trailer will fit between my 2 post lift. it will be a lot easier to maneuver it in there looking at it.

There is a hitch available specifically for the front of the truck. Bolts in place (no welding required). I had mine mounted there until I installed my winch and then had to remove it because it was in the way of the mounting attachments for my bumper mounted hydraulic winch.

I have that hitch and there is still room to put on the steering box bearing support which is a nice item