• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

almost done my truck but need last minute opinions

Well i sold my 1st gen and finally have gotten motivated on finishing fixing up my 2nd gen. But i have a few last minute add ons i want to put on before shes on the road.Current truck info. 1996 ram 12v 2500 2x4 5spd. Motors bone stock except for the kdp tab. Everything else is stock 166kI already ordered an s&b intake (slightly used but not a bad deal off of ebay,I have done searching of all sorts and have chosen my exhaust. Going with 5 inch flo-proaluminized no muffler ( we will see how long that lasts)The one thing i curious of was, i want to get a three gauge pillar pod. I will get the boost and pyro but whats a good gauge to get for the third? I had a trans temp gauge in my old truck but is it necessary in,a manual? What about a fuel pressure gauge?

Now what about mounting a fule pressure gauge in the cab and in the pillar? I had a fuel pressure gauge in my firat gen but it was mounted under the dash and it was 2 5/8. It had -4 jic fittings on stainless braided like rated for 5000 pai or so so needless to say i didnt worry about it leaking. But there would be no way to run that kinda material behind the pillar

From my days at a gear shop it is actually more important to put a trans temp gauge in a manual if you tow heavy than it is in an automatic. You would be simply jaw dropped amazed at how hot manual trannies get when working them hard. If you don't tow heavy then I wouldn't worry about either a trans or fuel gauge on a 12v.Going 5 inch just adds weight and takes up more space under the rig and costs more than 4" which is good to around 800hp. There is absolutely no need for 5" on our rigs no matter what anyone says it is nothing but a bragging point. There are rigs running over a thousand hp on 4" exh.

If you do put a fp gauge in the pillar mount, drill avery small hole in the bottom of the pod the gauge is in. If it starts leaking you will know very quickly. I have a mechanical in mine and did that when i installed it. It did leak about 3 weeks later and i knew before it ran down the pillar and made a mess. I still run my finger over the hole every so often to be sure all is well.

Wild & free- i know there is no advantage to a 5 inch. I simply want it for the look and slighly deeper sound. Interesting info about the trans temp gauge. That sounds like a good call to me. My plans arent to tow heavy but it may at some point tow my car, and it will tow my boat as well.