• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I installed a set of RV275's about two months ago. follwed Mike's instructions here and the install went well except for some weeping at the head. 3 of them at first and they just progressed to all of them leaking and not weeping. Also my return tee was leaking and I put new orings in it about two weeks after the injectors. In my infinite wisdom i did not even think about the bolt on the back of the head:doh:. Dont know why I just did not. Well it was still leaking and getting worse. So I went home this week end and tore it all apart and re did everything. This time I loosened the injectors and tightened the crossover tubes first and then tightened the injectors down.It is all back together and its time to start it up. I am looking at the engine realizing I now have to loosen some of the injuector lines to get it started.:pray:I loosened 1, 3, and 4 and satrt her up, smooths out and runs great. Let her idle for 5 or 10 minutes and sure enough 1, 3, and 4 weeping some. I tightened them up alittle more and went for a ride. Drove her easy and hard for 8 or 9 miles came back and still had some weeping but less. Afraid to tighten them any more that is tighter then i ever did them before, but it helped.Also took the return line bolt out of the head and it appeared the washer on it were just flat washers. Put on new sealing washers and reinstalled the returns. return line is leak free.:hyper: I looked athe old washers alot closer and could finally tell they were sealing washer, but evedently the head had cooked them hard.Any way I had to get back to Tennessee. Stopped once for fuel after 200 miles, opened the hood 1 is dry 3 is barely moist and 4 is weeping slightly. Drove the next 220 miles to the campground, opened the hood and all six are dry. Shut the engine off and looked a gain and 4 started leaking ever so slightly. Well I guess i will just have to keep an eye on them. Will be doing mostly in town stuff the next couple of weeks and maybe they will stop altogether.If anyone else has had this problem and found a sure cure I would love to hear about it. I am still pretty happy for now, I am almost 100% leak free.

i had the exact things you did but didnt replace injectors. i had 1,3,4,weeping and the back head banjo was pissing everywhere. i replaced all orings on the tubes and cleand all mating surfaces with scotchbrite green pads (both ends of injector tubes, both ends of injector lines). Reassembled and they do not weep at all 2 months later. the banjo washers were rockhard too, it doesnt leak or weep either now. I did NOT lube the orings when i installed them and placed the tubes in the slots. I read more people said not to than people said to lube them.

#1 always leak for a few miles after I do injectors and last time I think it was #3 that leaked a bit too. I tightened the snot outa them and then after a few miles of leaking, back them off just a little and no more leaks. Mines stays dry all the time except for just after my initial instal.:thumbup2: I usually tighten the injectors down first, then the tubes and lines. I did get new o-rings for my tubes last time and I cant remember if I lubed them or not, think I even forgot to lube the injector o-rings last time too so probably didnt lube the crossover tube o-rings either.About right... I go through the same thing... Initial install it always a mess but within about 2-3 days its all cleaned up...

I did lube all of my orings on the injectors and the new ones I put on the connector tubes. I even installed 2 new tubes and they leaked as bad as the 4 old ones. I have since read in acouple of places about not lubing them.I just looked at them and 1, 3, and 4 are moist but they are not leaking like they were before. 2, 5, and 6 are dry. I think 6 is any way, kinda hard to see. Return teee is still dry. All in all I am much happier today with what i have compared to before. I guess I will just keep an eye on them for a while and see what happens.

I just got to the camp ground and looked under the hood and only 1 was wet. 3 and 4 were dry. Shut it down and no differance. Kinda like musical injectors. I did park on an uphill slope for 3 hours today and it started as soon as I hit the key. That was a beautiful thing.

I tightened them all pretty darn tight when i put it all back together. When I saw 1, 3, and4 leaking i hit them again. Laid on tem pretty hard. They cant seem to make up their mind right now so I am just going to wtch them for a while.

Me too! I took mine into shop after giving up on the tightening thing. Ended up replacing 2 connecting tubes. Has not leaked since been 10,000 miles now. Old timer told years ago you can soften up cooper sealing washers by heating them up with a propane torch (red) then drop them in water. It anneals them, have used this method a lot over the years. Very helpful when your in the middle of nowhere.

Mine had been leaking for 4 or 5 weeks and getting worse. I was leaving a diesel gift every where I parked. One thing i forgot to mention, when I redid every thing I found the bolts holding the injectors down to be not very tight. So I tihgtened them up a little better. No differance in the how it runs but it aint leaking. That could have been part of my problem.