• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So, I finally got my truck back from the shop today. Even though I saved a bunch of money by using my son-in-law's dad's shop, I have some issues. I'll start with a question about the transmission lines that go to the heat exchanger. The guys at the shop crossed the lines and now they are touching. My question is whether it's ok to use anti-chafe tape or do I need to re-route them or is this not an issue and I should just ignore it? ThanksAlso, I have a...vibration or shake that is different than the old engine. It's worse in neutral than in gear. Other than that it runs great. Any input is welcomed. Thanks

OK, try not to throw the BS flag at me when you read this. I mentioned that the trany lines were touching and that I had a shake/vibration. Well, yesterday I put some rubberized tape between the lines and...the vibration/shake went away...mostly. Either way it is almost unoticable now.

All i have to say is, i had a copper oil pressure gauge line that ran from the engine into the firewall to my dash. The harmonics from the engine ran down that line and i could hear the clack of the diesel in my cab. I cut a rubber hose in 1/2 and snaped it on the line the entire length and the sound went away.As far as your problem ,maybe you moved something else in the process of your tape job.(if you cut a slice in a rubber hose it will last longer than the tape) The first thing that came to mind was cv joint or u joint or the exhaust pipe hitting the tranny crossmember. My exhaust pipe was hitting the tranny crossmember and i could feel it on my feet,then i figured u joints, only because if you feel it in your butt or feet most times it is a u joint going bad.